Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

SAT Subject Tests

trojanman10101trojanman10101 Registered User Posts: 288 Junior Member
edited June 2009 in College Admissions
Can some one categorize the subject tests in a general fashion, not paying attention to the subject? What are the score ranges for horrible scores, below average scores, average scores, above average scores, and terrific scores?
Post edited by trojanman10101 on

Replies to: SAT Subject Tests

• NWdivisionCHAMPSNWdivisionCHAMPS Registered User Posts: 1,024 Senior Member
    Horrible = 400-475
    Below average= 475-575
    Average = 575-650
    Above Average = 650-700
    Good = 700-725
    Terrific= 725+
  • stephennnstephennn Registered User Posts: 2,103 Senior Member
    i'm still wondering why some of your groups are XX5, since that score is obviously impossible, just for grouping purposes?
  • trojanman10101trojanman10101 Registered User Posts: 288 Junior Member
    What are average scores that UCs will accept and what some scores that look bad when applying to UCs, considering the top two tiers. Thnx.
    Yeah sorry. It is just i think in that range. AKA 720 is a good score, but a 730 is getting to the "terrific score range". I realize that a XX5 is impossible X_X but that's what I meant hahaha. well this range is only my opinion anyway
    To trojanman10101:

For UCLA + UC Berkeley, I think that you want all your SAT II's at least 680+. Anything below I think would be best to just not send. I think it is quality, not quantity. Having two SAT II's that are both 750+ is much better than having five that are 680-700 range.
  • trojanman10101trojanman10101 Registered User Posts: 288 Junior Member
    Alright thanks. However, what about Irvine, Davis, and San Diego? Also, can you make up your subject tests scores, w/ your grades or AP scores or just the regular SAT?
This discussion has been closed.