Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Summer Programs and EC's (non-math)?!

quincyboy7quincyboy7 Registered User Posts: 46 Junior Member
edited June 2009 in College Admissions
I'm finding it rather difficult for myself, being more of an English/History/Political Science kind of student, to find a summer program or some EC's that help my app or me in general. For example, I really enjoy debate, but placing 1st in the state or something in Debate doesn't show interest in a particular field in college. That is to say, you can't major in debate the way you can be extremely interested in a math and science competition. I can think about interning for a local media source, but I don't want to become a journalist or anything like that either. I'm stuck, plain and simple.

Does anybody have suggestions for summer programs that are applicable or how I can make my majors/interests for college more clear through my EC's?
Post edited by quincyboy7 on

Replies to: Summer Programs and EC's (non-math)?!

• bugaboobugaboo Registered User Posts: 168 Junior Member
    I'm also having trouble finding summer opportunities for high school students in business and law. I'd like to know the answer to this question too.

Placing 1st in the state is pretty good for your app though.
This discussion has been closed.