Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

In this topic, reveal a flaw about yourself.

PoseidenjPoseidenj Registered User Posts: 546 Member
edited July 2009 in College Admissions
So, we've all seen what could be "brag/affirmation" topics via chance threads, and posts, but in this thread we will be avoiding this.

Rather, reveal what you think is flawed about yourself/your application, now or when you submitted them. No one, nonetheless on CC, is perfect, although some people may fool themselves to think they, or everyone else is. We're humans, we all have our virtues, but we have our downfalls as well, or maybe something we can just improve on.

Whether it's about yourself, or can speak to large volumes of people, go ahead!

My flaw: I barely got by on my freshmen year with a 3.05/4.00 because I just didn't give a **** at the time!
Post edited by Poseidenj on

Replies to: In this topic, reveal a flaw about yourself.

• monstor344monstor344 Registered User Posts: 2,502 Senior Member
    My flaw? My cynicism of the holistic college admissions process, my unwillingness to sell myself as a contributor to the undergrad experience, and my resentment towards those who put on a different persona just to sway a college.
  • LollerpantsLollerpants Registered User Posts: 423 Member
    I'm stereotypically Asian.
  • ChoklitRainChoklitRain - Posts: 2,625 Senior Member
    I'm nice to a fault and put others before myself too much. And sometimes I have trouble relating with my peers, like the time when I said "no" to drugs at a party.
  • Hilary_'10Hilary_'10 Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
    I have an old-fashioned view of the college admissions process.. I refuse to take an SAT prep course or get a private counselor, etc., blah blah
  • tmk39tmk39 Registered User Posts: 344 Member
    @ChoklitRain - i have the same flaw. i sometimes help my peers almost too much that it takes away from the time i need to do my own stuff.
  • mcgooglymcgoogly Registered User Posts: 331 Member
    OH GOD Choklitrain that's such a terrible flaw I bet if you wrote your personal essay about that incident they'd be like "omg this kid is so flawed, into the rejection pile".
  • Danielle :)Danielle :) Registered User Posts: 101 Junior Member
    ^Hahahhahahahha
  • ChoklitRainChoklitRain - Posts: 2,625 Senior Member
    i was joking in my post. sort of a satire of those who, when asked for their greatest weakness in a job interview, say, "to be honest, I'm too hard of a worker. I give too much to my job and don't spend time relaxing." starting a joke post with "OH GOD" is cheap and obvious. this is CC guys, let's strive for subtlety.
  • GirlieGurlGirlieGurl Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    Just one flaw??? O.O
    I am almost always depressed.
    I am a master at procrastinating. I bought a 700 page SAT prep book and I read to page 26.
    I am very afraid of rejection and failure. Sometimes I'm so afraid of not doing a homework assignment well enough, that I don't do it at all. (LOLOLOL) :P
    I am socially awkward, and I get offended when people say that I'm funny in a cute way.
    et cetera
  • rmadden15rmadden15 Registered User Posts: 2,508 Senior Member
    Um, my SAT scores are not up to par with the rest of my application.

As for myself, I have not found my happy medium in my confidence level. I can't stand the arrogant, but those without confidence is soooo unatractive. I find myself slightly above mediocre in everything I do, but I don't "excell" anywhere.

I can brag about the parties I been to, the people I have had relationships with, the number of my friends, the fact I was voted Class President, but even though all that, I still feel like I am not quite good enough, not attractive enough, not smart enough, not talented enough. However, I feel my best quality is my passion, and I wouuld not trade that for anything, not even a spot at HYPMS, which is saying something coming from a typical CCer. :)

Conversely, I like my flaws to a degree. They make me human. :)
  • chenman333chenman333 Registered User Posts: 271 Junior Member
    I'm lazy and procrastinate a lot. I'm more fun that way though :D
  • neltharionneltharion Registered User Posts: 787 Member
    I have absolutely no ambition. I just want to open up a tiny, cozy bookshop on the corner of a street in some city in Ireland and sit there and write stories I'll never publish. And maybe occasionally get out my viola and pose as a busker.

This inevitably leads to things like a.) procrastination and b.) a general "life-is-a-stream-that-I'm-floating-on" attitude. I quite like it this way, though, even if most of the colleges didn't. *g*
  • dshinkadshinka Registered User Posts: 440 Member
    I'm arrogant. Although being on this site helps curb that.
  • ilurkphatilurkphat Registered User Posts: 96 Junior Member
    I'm too lazy to take AP's even though I know I can handle them.
  • jackbenimble4jackbenimble4 Registered User Posts: 362 Member
    I have a hard time justifying morality.
This discussion has been closed.