Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Reccomendation: What should I do?!?!

omelettesomelettes Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
edited October 2009 in College Admissions
I'm applying to Columbia University early decision. Columbia allows teachers to write their recommendations online. I confirmed with one of my teachers that I'd need a rec on 9/28, sent him the notification email to set an account up on 10/4. On 10/21 reminded him about it. I

I told him the recommendation was due November 1st -- it's actually due on the 2nd. I just checked online and he hasn't done it yet.

It'd be rude to hit him with another email, right? I know he has eight hundred of these things to write, it's a holiday, and I can't help but feel like I'm bothering him every time I do it. On the other hand, I get this awful queasy feeling whenever I think about it.

What's the best, most tactful way to deal with this situation?
Post edited by omelettes on

Replies to: Reccomendation: What should I do?!?!

• pbrpbr Registered User Posts: 1,018 Senior Member
    If he agreed to write it for you, and you explained the deadline, I would email him. I expect he, like most of us, is a procrastinator, but I don't believe it would hurt to remind him. Keep in mind that he may have already sent it; application items are not immediately logged into the system upon receipt.
This discussion has been closed.