Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Good idea?

NiteStrikerNiteStriker Registered User Posts: 239 Junior Member
edited February 2010 in College Admissions
Right now I'm thinking of classes that I want to take during my senior year (next year). I've decided on:

Calculus BC
AP French
AP Comparative Government
AP Literature
AP Physics C
AP Chemistry
Study Hall Period

I'm also interested in taking AP Economics. However, my school doesn't offer that class but my county offers an online course that I can add to my schedule. Because my planned schedule is currently full, I'm not sure if I should take out AP Chem and put in AP Econ. I originally thought that it would really help if I took both AP Physics and AP Chem since I'm interested in attending an engineering school since those generally require freshmen to take physics and chem.

Is it a good idea to take AP Economics instead of AP Chemistry? I guess maybe I could talk to my counselor later but I just thought I should seek more opinions.
Post edited by NiteStriker on

Replies to: Good idea?

• Skittsie13Skittsie13 Registered User Posts: 169 Junior Member
    Why not take AP Economics instead of study hall?
  • RachPlaysDrumsRachPlaysDrums Registered User Posts: 86 Junior Member
    AP Econ (micro or macro) is definitely reasonable to self-teach, so that's another option. If it's just the college credit you're interested in, you could buy the PR book or whatever and then study it and take the AP test.
  • NiteStrikerNiteStriker Registered User Posts: 239 Junior Member
    Thank you for the replies :)

@RachPlaysDrums
    I guess maybe I'll do that and yes, I wanted the college credit for that class. It seems like there won't really be much of a difference if I choose to self-study since I'll be doing that most of the time if I choose to do the online course.

@Skittsie13
    I'm pretty sure that next year I'll have a lot of homework so I wanted a free period so that I'll have some extra time to study and do homework.
  • kiterunner18kiterunner18 Registered User Posts: 1,394 Senior Member
    I would cut out the free hour and put the online class in. You don't want to have any regrets end of senior year.
  • xkito23xxkito23x Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    woah, those are a lot of AP's. hope you're no overloaded.
This discussion has been closed.