Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

NYU Tisch Drama Department Deferment?

chasebissonchasebisson Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited March 2010 in College Admissions
Hi, so I was just accepted into NYU Tisch's Drama Department and am curious about deferment. It said on their site I could defer, but then on other parts it said it didn't allow it. So i'm a bit confused and am asking for help.

I would be deferring to work in Los Angeles with my agent and manager theatrically and commercially on tv, film, and commercials. So I would think that would be in line with the drama department at Tisch right? But I just want to know if I can even do it.
Post edited by chasebisson on

Replies to: NYU Tisch Drama Department Deferment?

• violadadvioladad Registered User Posts: 6,645 Senior Member
    There may be those able to answer your question here Theater/Drama Majors - College Confidential, but policy clarification and answers to such specifics are best answered by the institution. I would not make a decision on deferral based on any unconfirmed advice from an internet forum.

Call or email, and get informed insight from an admissions official within Tisch.

In my general experience, performance and talent based audition admits are not allowed to defer, but institutions and disciplines vary.
This discussion has been closed.