Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Texas A&M 2010 Waitlist Option

whatrchanceswhatrchances Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
My son was offered the waitlist/Blinn team etc. option. We were shocked and felt he would be a "shoe in" on the review admission because he missed automatic admission by such a small margin (both ways of auto admission).
He has a 3.89 GPA and had a 620 Math/540 Critical Reading on the SAT. His class ranking puts him at 12.4 percentile. He is involved in sports teams, PALS etc. We were shocked and hope his chances of getting in off of the waitlist are good. He accepted the BlinnTeam and Galveston options, but hope we don't have to utilize those.
He sent in his online application on November 18th and the AIS showed that everything was processed by November 24th. He has been told he should have chosen a different major, is that right? He chose Business-unspecified and Economics as a second choice. We just knew he would get in on the review option and now that that did not happened, I'm worried!!! Should he visit one of the perspective student centers and speak to one of the advisors there or just leave well enough alone?
Seems like the numbers on the waitlist are huge and the actual number of those who get in is not so high. A&M is his first choice . . . However, as a parent, I hate to see him turn TCU and Tech down because he thinks he will get in off of the waitlist.
Any advice or suggestions out there would be GREATLY appreciated!!! College was not this competitive when I went to school. He is our oldest and this is our first experience with all of this. I couldn't have asked for any more out of him. He is a good kid and has worked hard and done well. Wow, who would have guessed it was this hard to get in?
This discussion has been closed.