I read on a thread that last year after the University of Notre Dame closed it's extended waitist, one father called up the school in early/mid August asking if there were any spaces left. The college did in fact have a spot and automatically gave it to his daughter because it was easier than having to review the extended waiting list and all that hassle, plus the extended waiting list was already "closed." Soon after, the daughter enrolled.
I was shut out of Dartmouth's extended waiting list this year, where the AdCom said they might not be able to take let a single person off the waitlist. In fact they took 19 off the waitlist according to the NYTimes. The extended waiting list has been closed so they are not able to take anyone off due to that finalization of it being "closed."
August 1 is approaching and I was wondering if it would be a bad idea to email the AdCom one last time, asking if there is a single spot for me. I tried really hard emailing them weekly, trying to network through my teacher (an alum), and sending two letters/updates.
The college I will be going in the fall is Bowdoin but having met some students recently I am not sure if I am a perfect fit (school is not as academic, is very sports centered), I don't have the excitement for college unfortunately, and it is not diverse enough for me I realized. Plus Dartmouth is a bit bigger. Maybe if I get this closure I can finally get excited about Bowdoin because I will know it is truly final.
Should I contact them? Do you think it is a pointless last attempt? Would it look bad for me, seeing I may attempt to transfer again in the future?