Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

AP vs. SAT + how to show foreign language profficiency

CupcakeeCupcakee Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
edited August 2010 in College Admissions
Hello.

I know well several languages and I was thinking about how to show this to admission people (I am an upper-mid).

Basically, my options are either taking additional SAT tests or AP self-study tests.

Thus my questions are:

Which of Ap self study and SAT Subject Test do you consider easier and which method do you consider more impressive for the adcom ? *note: when asking wther you consider SAT Subj/AP easier, I am referring to the SAT Subject Test in German vs. AP German, SAT Spanish vs. Ap Spanish etc.

Is there any other way through which one could show the fact that one speaks several languages ? (>5) - being native in only one of these, no family whatsoever in the others

Also, are AP self study's useful ? Is it worth studying for them ? And if one takes the AP exam in a subject should he also take the SAT in that subject ? (as an additional subject I mean) ? Are additional SAT-s important, as again, to be worth studying for ?

Sorry for posing so many questions, I did not want to open more threads / ask these on other threads.
If you only have opinions on some of the questions, please answer.

Thanks a lot.
Post edited by Cupcakee on

Replies to: AP vs. SAT + how to show foreign language profficiency

This discussion has been closed.