Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Your Input!

DigbyUnicornhuntDigbyUnicornhunt Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
Hi guys!! So I am starting my application process and, just as most people on this site, am seriously curious about my chances of getting into my top-choice colleges. I am so excited to begin my college life, but want to make sure that I end up fulfilling it at a happy and healthy place. I want to experience the college that will make me feel like me, not a college where I feel underchallenged or inadequate. My top college choice is NYU and here are my stats:

High School Classes:
Freshman Year: Advanced Freshman Band, Honors English, Honors Geography, Honors Algebra 1, Biology, Spanish 1

Sophomore Year: Spanish 2, Band class, Honors English, Honors Algebra 2, Chemistry, Debate

Junior Year: AP English Lang, Precalc Honors, Honors Physics, Symphonic Two (Top Band Class), Creative Writing, Spanish 3, Honors US history

Senior Year: AP Psychology, AP Lit, ACP (Indiana University Level) Calculus, AP Government, Economics, Symphonic Two

My Extra-Curriculars: 2 years marching band, one year lacrosse, 3 years Organization of women, National Honor Society, 4 Years Student Government, 4 years youth group, 2 years future problem solvers, 3 years key club (community service), and this year-- my senior year-- i will be volunteering for a women's shelter (had to be 18), Worked 2 years at nursing home

Leadership: I am on the Board of the Organization of Women

SAT:
Critical Reading:620
Math:540
Writing:650
Keep in mind that I will be retaking this test in the fall.

GPA: 4.0/4.1

Class Rank: 26/855 This is in the top 3% of my class.

Taking a holistic approach to my college resume, do you think I can get into NYU? What type (tier) of schools do you think are tangible for me?

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your input!

*Just as a side note, I was also accepted into and attended the University of Chicago Summer Session, where I took college level courses and scored a B average.
This discussion has been closed.