right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

How important is the number of aps you take senior year to colleges?

me1993me1993 2 replies4 threads New Member
edited August 2010 in College Admissions
This year(senior year) I am taking ap lit, ap stat, and ap enviro. Non-Aps that I am taking are honors physics and the rest electives(3 classes).
Is this not rigorous enough for colleges like bates, oberlin, maybe middlebury?...
I was thinking of possibly taking either ap econ or ap bio, but i'm not sure if i will be able to take them since most classes now are already full.
Do colleges care a lot about the amount of aps you take senior year?
edited August 2010
2 replies
Post edited by me1993 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: How important is the number of aps you take senior year to colleges?

• glassesarechicglassesarechic 5471 replies16 threads Senior Member
    There is no set number of APs you need to take to be competitive. What you do need to maintain is a more general sense of course rigor. What exactly that means will depend on your school.
    · Reply · Share
  • gibbygibby 10537 replies248 threads Senior Member
    When filling out a Secondary School Report (SSR), HS Guidance Counselors are asked to rate the rigor of a students program in relation to other seniors attending the school. So, to follow up on glassesarechic, much depends on how you stack up against your classmates.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity