Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How important is the number of aps you take senior year to colleges?

me1993me1993 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
edited August 2010 in College Admissions
This year(senior year) I am taking ap lit, ap stat, and ap enviro. Non-Aps that I am taking are honors physics and the rest electives(3 classes).
Is this not rigorous enough for colleges like bates, oberlin, maybe middlebury?...
I was thinking of possibly taking either ap econ or ap bio, but i'm not sure if i will be able to take them since most classes now are already full.
Do colleges care a lot about the amount of aps you take senior year?
Post edited by me1993 on

Replies to: How important is the number of aps you take senior year to colleges?

• glassesarechicglassesarechic Registered User Posts: 5,487 Senior Member
    There is no set number of APs you need to take to be competitive. What you do need to maintain is a more general sense of course rigor. What exactly that means will depend on your school.
  • gibbygibby Registered User Posts: 10,765 Senior Member
    When filling out a Secondary School Report (SSR), HS Guidance Counselors are asked to rate the rigor of a students program in relation to other seniors attending the school. So, to follow up on glassesarechic, much depends on how you stack up against your classmates.
This discussion has been closed.