right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Early Decision/Action Violation?

high_jumperhigh_jumper 136 replies112 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 248 Junior Member
edited August 2010 in College Admissions
I signed the ED for NU on the common app, but I have not finished the application yet or submit it. It says the school won't get the ED contract until I submit it and have my counselor sign it.

So here is the question:

1. If I decided to apply through a different program/organization (QuestBridge) which states that I may not apply to any other schools ED or EA or else it will be a violation, have I already violated this even though NU has not received the common app or ED contract yet?

2. When I finish my common app and have agreed to all the terms and gotten my counselor's signature, does it automatically send it to every school or can I choose when to send the common app to each school whenever I want?
edited August 2010
4 replies
Post edited by high_jumper on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Early Decision/Action Violation?

• high_jumperhigh_jumper 136 replies112 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 248 Junior Member
    bump10char
    · Reply · Share
  • Erin's DadErin's Dad 32863 replies3607 discussionsSuper Moderator Posts: 36,470 Super Moderator
    If you have not submitted your app to NU then you have not applied ED. No violation.

Someone else will have to answer your other question.
    · Reply · Share
  • porkpersonporkperson 1948 replies123 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,071 Senior Member
    1. ^ yes

2. I assume its automatic as soon as you press submit
    · Reply · Share
  • high_jumperhigh_jumper 136 replies112 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 248 Junior Member
    Thank you for answering the 1st question. I was worried about this.

2. So when you submit, the common app is sent to every school? Can I choose to send it one by one? (Anybody finish the common app who can answer this?) Or is it sent after the payments per school?

Can someone clarify this?
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity