Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

If I'm submitting an extra LoR....

physicsnut1physicsnut1 Registered User Posts: 738 Member
edited September 2010 in College Admissions
can it be submitted before my CommonApp or Supplement for the school is submitted? As in, can it be sent in now? They'll just sort it into somewhere and bring it out when I submit my app, right? Thanks!
Post edited by physicsnut1 on

Replies to: If I'm submitting an extra LoR....

• jwbusernamejwbusername Registered User Posts: 91 Junior Member
    bump...i'm curious too lol. Do i need to tell my recommenders (nonteacher, teacher, guidance) to wait until I finish my common app before sending their letters, or do they just send it...That's along the lines of what you're asking too right, physicsnut1?
  • physicsnut1physicsnut1 Registered User Posts: 738 Member
    ^yep... I'm pretty sure it'd be okay but I really just want to double check so I don't mess anything up :)
  • samd1993samd1993 Registered User Posts: 394 Member
    ya most admissions offices keep everything they receive be it SAT scores or Letters of recs on file. So if you send it early, they will most likely just slip it into a folder with your name on it. I don't know if you should wait until you submit your app to tell your teachers to send it at the same time (this may be more convenient for the adm office).
This discussion has been closed.