Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Just realized I don't know anything about computers.

2»

Replies to: Just realized I don't know anything about computers.

• powerbombpowerbomb Registered User Posts: 3,364 Senior Member
    Would I actually be able to program after just completing a minor in CS?
  • ALFALF Registered User Posts: 1,145 Senior Member
    "graphics display hardware is integrated with the main processor."
    What does this mean?

In addition to the central processor unit (CPU), you also need a graphics processor unit (GPU) that generates the video signal that goes to the display. In many computers, these are separate units. In other computers, particularly laptops, the GPU can be integrated into the CPU, yielding less cost and greater compactness. The GPU that is integrated into the new i3/i5/i7 CPUs is apparently much better than the old integrated GPU.
  • Big CatBig Cat Registered User Posts: 198 Junior Member
    Not sure. You would at least have a basic knowledge of it. I just started on my major and we're already learning the python programming language. I'm by no means an advanced programmer, but its quickly becoming something i really enjoy doing so i spend more time on it then other classes. programming can range from the simplest math problem to some of the most complex pieces of code known to man, so technically you would be programming. How in depth you go with it would be your own decision.
  • powerbombpowerbomb Registered User Posts: 3,364 Senior Member
    A quick question - my boss at work wants me to add a network attached storage on to a recently reformatted computer. How do I do this? It did have a snapserver drive on "my computer" but now it's gone because the computer was reformatted. How do I bring it back?
2»
This discussion has been closed.