Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Difficulty in transferring DVD movies to iPad with Mactheripper

penny123penny123 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
edited August 2012 in College Computers
I feel excited that I will become a college student 15 days later. There is only one thing making me distressed. I have a great collection of DVDs, but I cannot take all of them to the college. So I want to transfer the most favorite ones to my iPad. I used Mactheripper, but confronted the problem “This VOB indicates that it was mastered with deliberate bad sectors” where it either asked me to PAD VOB or DELETE VOB. I tried to PAD VOB but it makes the disk skip around chapter to chapter on playback. Here, I’m just looking for one app that would successfully help me rip these DVDs on my new MacBook Pro (MD101CH/A).
Any idea or solution?
Post edited by penny123 on

Replies to: Difficulty in transferring DVD movies to iPad with Mactheripper

• Juice55Juice55 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    If you don’t mind spending a few bucks, try MacX DVD Ripper Pro. It has the function of ripping and backing up DVDs fluently with superb output quality. I used it to rip The Tiger Movie to my iPod. It is really amazing.
  • LenitusLenitus Registered User Posts: 5,420 Senior Member
    If that is the only thing making you distressed consider yourself immensely blessed. I have moved this thread to a more relevant forum. Hope you have a great school year!
This discussion has been closed.