Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Hi there! You may have noticed things have changed on this site. You can learn more about that here.

Affordable Textbooks

1american1american Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share some information my classmate provided me recently. I was usually purchasing my $$$$ EXPENSIVE $$$ Textbooks and had hardly any money left over for anything. However, I have seen the light and currently have the option of purchasing or renting my textbooks at a fraction of the price I was paying. I thought other students on a budget could appreciate this information.

Anyways log on to: Green Textbooks: Rent College Textbooks | Cheap Textbook Rentals
and start saving like I did.
Post edited by 1american on

Replies to: Affordable Textbooks

• hesdjjimhesdjjim Registered User Posts: 561 Member
    Another thing you can do is visit the campus bookstore, jot down the ISBN#, and compare used prices on sites like Amazon. You can find used textbooks for much cheaper than the bookstore used textbook price. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't -- sometimes it is cheaper to buy the textbook at the bookstore.

Oh, and the thing about security, I've done this for the past three years, and I have not had a problem even once. Buy at least two weeks in advance, though, as it takes time to ship.
  • sdradiussdradius Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    You can find the current cheapest price on Campbell Biology 9th Edition at Campbell Biology 9th Edition Price Search and Reviews.
This discussion has been closed.