Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Which of these 3 subjects will be the most useful in life:

LunithLunith Registered User Posts: 30 New Member
edited January 2012 in College Confidential Cafe
Multi-variable calculus
Introductory Logic & Reasoning
Introductory Linguistics

I can only take 2 out of these 3. None of them go toward my (art) major. Thanks yall!
Post edited by Lunith on

Replies to: Which of these 3 subjects will be the most useful in life:

• calmontgomerycalmontgomery Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    You might want to look at other factors besides just what will be useful in life later. The best advice that you can get about a class is from someone that took the class before. Hopefully from the same teacher. Being an art major it seems like any class that will make you think more deeply would be an asset to your creative process. I would ask a few classmates, that have a similar disposition as yourself, if they have taken these and liked them. Find a few opinions about the Logic, and the Linguistics classes. The more that you find a class interesting, the more that you will get out of it.

If you get bogged down with something boring or something that has a lot of homework(calculus?) then it can take away from your important studio classes and all the work that they require.
  • happymomof1happymomof1 Registered User Posts: 25,501 Senior Member
    I have never once used what I learned in calculus in everyday life. Algebra I and II, and Geometry, yes, but Calculus no.
This discussion has been closed.