Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Mail to France

feenotypefeenotype Registered User Posts: 2,311 Senior Member
edited January 2006 in College Confidential Cafe
If I want to send a card to a friend abroad in French and her birthday is in the first week March (the exact date escapes me), how early must I mail it (using the "economy" option)?
Post edited by feenotype on

Replies to: Mail to France

• AlexandreAlexandre Registered User Posts: 24,617 Senior Member
    There is not exact date, but it usually takes about a week to 10 days for mail to cross the Altantic using the "Economy" option.
  • scarletleavyscarletleavy Registered User Posts: 2,374 Senior Member
    It will take at least a week if not more, depending if there are problems or not. We've received some letters sent from the US up to 3 weeks later. I'd give at least 2 week advance, if not a little more just to be on the safe side.
  • feenotypefeenotype Registered User Posts: 2,311 Senior Member
    Alright, I guess I need to send it mid February. Thanks for the help.
  • soccerfanaticsoccerfanatic Registered User Posts: 909 Member
    Send an e-card! hehe
  • SonataXSonataX Registered User Posts: 392 Member
    send a worthless salutation which connotes little to no effort on your part!

while you're at it, you could digitize it, make it based on a template, and call it an e-card.
  • feenotypefeenotype Registered User Posts: 2,311 Senior Member
    So spoiled, aren't we? We all can't afford to book a weekend trip to France to spend a day with our friends on their birthdays. hehe

I've been the reciepient of many birthday cards and postcards and I've never been anything less than touched that someone took the time to remember me.

But, yeah, an e-card is pretty tacky.
This discussion has been closed.