Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Hamas Is In Control

Replies to: Hamas Is In Control

• sljaegersljaeger Registered User Posts: 368 Member
    Thank You Jpps
  • OneThousandFistsOneThousandFists Registered User, * Posts: 146 Junior Member
    jpp1, that was the most biased piece of ***** I've ever read. Hard working "immigrants" never replaced arabs, they rather fed off their land like the parasites they are. I prefer Wikipedia, since its more balanced and isnt by someone brainwashed by Jewish media.
  • guguruguguru Registered User Posts: 407 Member
    "They were not evicted from their homes; instead, hard-working immigrants replaced them. Maybe had the Palestinians decided to cooperate with Ben-Gurion, they could have played a role in Israeli politics."

Your first sentence is ridiculous. Hard working immigrants replaced them? hard working in what? just cause theyre hardworking gives them no right to kick someone out of thier house. Why should the palestinians cooperate with the Israeli's? After the British left, the land should have been given back to the Palestinians. In this way, the Palestinian people are being unjustly screwed over twice and you agree with this.

"Nothing was ever taken away from the Palestinians because they never controlled anything."

Yes, and the Israeli's have no right to claim the land for religious reasongs dating back to 1200 BC. Regardless of what the British and UN did, the Palestinians have no reason to acknowledge and support Israel. You are right on one point though, they never had control of the Palestinian region, and after WWII when all colonial powers were giving their countries freedom Palestine should have been created for the Palestinians. How could you even speak against people who are merely trying to take control of the land they have lived in. And don't says the Jews have always lived there, because even though their ancestors are from there, Arabs controlled the land for hundreds of years before WWII.
  • OneThousandFistsOneThousandFists Registered User, * Posts: 146 Junior Member
    It was after the Holocaust when the most Jews started migrating to Palestine.
  • jpps1jpps1 . Posts: 1,993 Senior Member
    "It was after the Holocaust when the most Jews started migrating to Palestine."

Yes, because the British had quotas on Jews before then. Perhaps this is the best way to explain the creation of Israel--free immigration for Jews and open immigration for everyone else.

This, from Wikipedia:

"To date, no Arab country with the exception of Jordan has granted citizenship to Palestinian refugees living on its soil or their descendants. In Lebanon, Palestinians largely continue to live in refugee camps, often under harsh conditions, denied any benefits of citizenship and subject to restrictions on employment."

Refugee camps? Stripped of rights? Harsh conditions? Not even the Palestinians' Arab brothers treat them well. At least Israel gave them the chance to be citizens and participate in democracy. Of course, it's hard to be taken seriously when your countrymen are shooting at schoolbuses . I guess those kids were guilty too? And yes, spare me that Palestinian kids have been killed too. The Israeli army did not plot to have them killed.

What's going to happen in fifty years when Hispanics overtake whites as the dominant racial group in the U.S.? Are you going to say they have no right to the land?
  • IHateMath11IHateMath11 Registered User Posts: 61 New Member
    OneThousandFists is Neo-Nazi trash. He is an anti-semitic bigot no matter how much he spins it off as just being "anti-zionist."

This is the stuff he posted in case any of you missed:

http://www.natvan.com
    http://compuserb.com

The first site is a white-supremacist group.

The second site is dedicated to defending Slobodan Milosevic and his genocide campaign.
  • Cuse0507Cuse0507 Registered User Posts: 4,519 Senior Member
    Its an unconventional war, in war its much easier to attack a softer target than a harder one. The palestinians hardly stand a chance against the IDF, and they know it. By using suicide bombings, their statment is being made and they are sending their message that they are mad at the Israeli's.

So in other words, it is ok for Palestinians to kill Israelis but it is not ok for Israelis to kill Palestinians?

Hamas CAN go against the IDF. America defeated the most powerful military in the world (Great Britain) twice, and we did it without blowing up pubs in England.

Here's a thought- Maybe, if the Palestinians are so "oppressed" they could take after MLK and Ghandi and use non-violent protest? Last time I checked MLK did just fine without killing every white person that he saw.

And you didn't answer my question- Is Hamas a terrorist group, yes or no? I didn't ask you about Israel, I am asking you about Hamas.
    "What's going to happen in fifty years when Hispanics overtake whites as the dominant racial group in the U.S.? Are you going to say they have no right to the land?"

They aren't going taking over the government and bombing everyone else.

On the matter of the other arab countries, i hafta agree with you, i dunno whats wrong with the arabs, but hey, I'm not an arab, I'm not gonna bother defending them.

"The Israeli army did not plot to have them killed."

What's there to plot? If someone is planning to bomb a town from the air, regardless of whether or not they have targeted a building, there will be a highly likely chance that children will get hurt.
    Seriously...if those are the sites he's using to justify himself, he's better off being ignored. Those have no credibility whatsoever.
    "They aren't going taking over the government and bombing everyone else. "

The Zionists didn't "bomb everyone else." On the contrary, the Arab states surrounding Israel declared war on it minutes after its founded, and (in a typical Arab failure) they all lost to a rag-tag IDF made up of inexperienced immigrants.

"What's there to plot? If someone is planning to bomb a town from the air, regardless of whether or not they have targeted a building, there will be a highly likely chance that children will get hurt."

True. But the Israeli army tries to use smart bombs and commandos to minimize civilian casualties. Detonating a nail bomb in a disco or indiscriminately firing AK-47s at a schoolbus is not an attempt to minimize casualties, nor is it an attempt to merely incite terror. It is meant to murder ANYONE who happens to be in the blast or firing zone.
    [qoute]Yes, your venerable source tells you that all Hamas terrorists use innocent men, women, and children, yet at the same time Hamas makes schools, orphanages, and hospitals for them. Face it, Hamas got in control not because they advocate suicide bombings but moreso because they help the palestinian community, which is something Fatah really did not do. [/qoute]

Guess what? Israel has schools, orphanages, and hospitals too. So according to your viewpoint Israel cannot do any wrong...

[qoute]If someone came to your town, bulldozed your house down, took your father prisoner claiming he aids terrorists, and left you and your family on the street, would you be mad and would you join a group that tries to defend your family? [/qoute]

Of course I would fight back-against the military. Remember the resistance in WWII? They blew up trains full of Nazi soldiers, sabotaged military equipment, ambushed military convoys, but did they ever go into Berlin and blow up restaraunts full of innocent Germans? No. The Palestinians can do the same thing.

[qoute]ever wonder how many of those magazines have bullets in them?[/quote]

I would be willing to guess all of them, seeing as how they are firing the weapons into the air. The Palestinians may be poor, but if they can afford AK-47s then they can afford the ammunition which happens to be much cheaper. And they certainly do a good job of fighting amongst themselves with those bullets that you claim don't exist...

[qoute]Do you expect innocent Palestinian children who are walking through the rubble on their way to school to try and fight off the fighter jet that is bombing thier town from a mile in the air?[/qoute]

No. I expect them to fight against the terrorist group that is holed up in the hospital next door making bombs.

Israeli jets don't target civilians. Can you find any instance in the last 5 years of an Israeli aircraft specifically targeting civilians? I can find a few hundred instances over the past 5 years of Palestinian terrorists specifically targeting Israeli civilians...

Now, once again, yes or no- Is Hamas a terrorist group in your opinion? That is all I am asking of you, and you have been elusive thus far...
    [qoute]They aren't going taking over the government and bombing everyone else. [/quote]

Of course not...they are Hispanic, not Palestinian.
    "So in other words, it is ok for Palestinians to kill Israelis but it is not ok for Israelis to kill Palestinians?"

What?? If Palestinians kill an Israeli without just cause, then yes, Israeli's have the right to retaliate. If Israeli's kill a Palestinian without just cause, then yes, the palestinians have a right to retaliate.

"Hamas CAN go against the IDF. America defeated the most powerful military in the world (Great Britain) twice, and we did it without blowing up pubs in England."

Perhaps you have to go back to your elementary school history book though by the way you're debating it seems that you're still in elementary school. We would have been defeated if it had not been France coming in and saving our derrieres. We really stood no chance against Britain without them, and the times were different. Weaponry was not as advanced as it is today. Now Israel can press a button and launch a missile at a Palestinian town from a hundred miles away. Back then they had to face each other on a battle field and who ever won won. For the War of 1812 the British put themselves at a strategic disadvantage, and again since both sides were more or less equal in terms of military arms and technology, America had more strategized battle plans.

"Here's a thought- Maybe, if the Palestinians are so "oppressed" they could take after MLK and Ghandi and use non-violent protest? Last time I checked MLK did just fine without killing every white person that he saw."

So now first off, you're comparing Israeli's and thier laws to slave masters/KKK type people and Jim crow laws and you're comparing Israeli's to the British Empire who sought out land to take advantage of its resources. Well that hurts your argument by portraying Israeli's in a derogatory manner. Second, the British ruled hundreds of thousands of Indians in india with a handful of soldier and it took those Indians and Ghandi years to gain peace. If they had organized and revolted, im sure they would have had thier independence quicker and today would be in a better state.

"And you didn't answer my question- Is Hamas a terrorist group, yes or no? I didn't ask you about Israel, I am asking you about Hamas."

I answered your question with my own, but just to float your boat, no i do not view hamas as a terrorist group, i view them as a revolutionary group who use all means necessary to try to gain the proper rights and freedom for thier people. I didn't ask you about Hamas, I am asking you about Israel.
  • hmh01hmh01 Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    Israel has its military trained and weapons and artilery supplied by the strongest army in the world, the United States. Have you never paid attention to the news that when there is a suicide bombing Israel goes in and destroys towns!! and villages!!! with their F-16!!! Fighter Jets!!! Do you not listen or are you heedless of the fact that the Israeli army is one of the strongest in the world and up against a government that is unarmed and only means of security is their faith. Do you not know that Israel is heavily fortifying itself with its 14-feet walls that are deeply rooted into Palestinian territory? Do you not know of the 100's of Israeli Checkpoints that at every corner in Palestinian territory that makes it impossible for a Palestinian to travel especially to work. And now you the 14-foot walls going up secluding the Palestinians from the outside world. Do you not hear about the Palestinian woman who is suffering from labor and simply is not allowed to go to the hospital because she does not have an ID on her at a checkpoint and her husband is shot point blank for trying to reverse the car and the woman also dies with her unborn child still in her??? Do you not realize the factuality of the matter. Do you not understand or look at the pictures of IDF soldiers firing shots at little children from their tanks when all they have are stones. Do you not understand the leverage of Israel over the Palestinians? This is all but cowardness when a mother and her husband are walking with their 3year old child when an IDF points a gun at him making him cry while they look in disgust thinking the child is going to harm him. Cowardness. The Jews have always been like this. Claiming anybody who hates Jews is an anti-semite and portraying that upon the Palestinians when they realize the true definition of a Semite. Newsflash--- Abraham had 2 sons --- Ishmael and Issac. The hewbrews the descendents of Issac and the Arabs the descendants of Ishmael. But just like they reject the beloved son of Mary Jesus Christ they reject Ishmael and they have killed a lot of their other Propehts.

The nonsense that is floating around with Hamas calling for the destruction of Palestine and that the United States will not support them or will the Israelis talk to Hamas because they want them destroyed is bogus . Trying to make yourself look like the oppressed when you are actually the oppressor is a sign of cowardness.
    You do not view Hamas as a terrorist group?

Seriously?

Let me refresh your memory...

September 30, 2004- On Wednesday September 29, 2004 Hamas militants launch Kassam rocket into the Israeli town of Sderot. Two children, ages 2 and 4, were killed. The attack occurred during the Jewish holiday , Sukkot. The children were visitng their grandparents at the time of their death. The 2-year old was identified as Dorit Aniso (female) and the 4-year old was Yuval Abebeh (male). Ha'Aretz Daily News quoted two witnesses to the attack. The first, Ronen Edri, saw a boy with head injuries. The second, Haviv Ben Abbo, saw another child with no legs. This confirms reports that aside from the two children killed there were others injured.

August 31, 2004- On August 31, 2004, 2 Hamas terrorists boarded Egged buses number 7 and 12. The buses were traveling on Beersheva’s main street, Rager Street near City Hall. At approximately 2:55PM the two Hamas terrorists detonated themselves. The 2 buses were only 100 meters apart. 14 died on scene and another 4 on the way to Soraka Medical Center in Beersheva. ZAKA, disaster victims association reported that all of the dead were passengers from both buses; no bystanders were killed.

September 8, 2004- Details: At least seven people were killed and more than 30 were injured by a suicide bombing attack at a Jerusalem café.
    Despite the presence of two security guards, the terrorist managed to get several meters inside Café Hillel before detonating the explosives on his person. The café, located in on the main street of the city’s German Colony, is a popular meeting place for local residents. Witnesses said the terrorist was intercepted near the entrance to the restaurant by several customers, whose suspicions were aroused. They began struggling with him, and managed to shove him out of the restaurant. It was then that he blew up. Police sappers searched cars and trash bins near the scene, in order to head off any attempt to launch a second attack against responding rescue teams and medics.

September 8, 2004- Details: Eight people were killed and some thirty wounded when a suicide bomber detonated explosives at a crowded bus stop in central Israel. The bomber targeted a group of soldiers and civilians waiting for rides near the army base of Zrifin. Witnesses said the bomber got out of a car with a leather briefcase at around 17:50, and set off his explosives almost immediately.

August 19, 2003- Twenty-one people were killed, including five children, in a suicide bombing in downtown Jerusalem Tuesday night. Thirteen people were seriously wounded, while another 13 sustained moderate to serious injuries. A total of 102 people were hospitalized.The explosion ripped through a packed city bus shortly after 21:00, as the bus passed through the neighborhood of Shmuel HaNavi. The bus, an extended accordion-style vehicle with two passenger sections, was packed to capacity. The bomb was apparently set off in the middle of the bus to cause maximum damage. At lease five children were among the dead, while 40 children were wounded, four critically. The bus was totally destroyed by the explosion, and a second bus that had pulled up alongside had its windows blown out.

June 11, 2003- A blast on a commuter bus in downtown Jerusalem killed at least fifteen passengers and injured more than 50 Wednesday afternoon. The blast occurred at about 17:30--the height of afternoon rush hour traffic--as the bus neared the intersection of Jaffa Street and King George Blvd., the city's two main thoroughfares. A preliminary investigation revealed that the bomber had boarded the bus at a stop a few meters from the site of the attack. He was dressed as an Haredi Jew. As the bus pulled off, the bomber, who was standing in the front of the vehicle, detonated his explosive belt. The bus careened forward and came to a halt outside the tall Clal building on Jaffa Road. The bomber was identified as a resident of Hebron. Police are investigating whether he came to the city a few days before. He is believed to have been sent on his mission by a senior Hamas activist, Abdullah Kawasme, who is on Israel's wanted list. The bomber was identified as Abdel Madi Shabneh, 18, of Hebron

May 18, 2003- At least seven people were killed and 20 wounded, when a suicide bomber blew up a bus in northern Jerusalem early Sunday morning. A second suicide bomber blew himself up half an hour later, at the entrance to the Dahit al-Barid neighborhood in north Jerusalem. The bomber was the only casualty in that attack. Security sources said the bomber was disguised as a religious Jew and was wearing a prayer shawl and a yarmulke, creating the impression that he was on his way home from morning prayers. He boarded the bus near Pisgat Ze'ev at shortly before 6:00 in the morning.

March 5, 2003- A powerful blast ripped apart a city bus in the northern Israeli city of Haifa Wednesday afternoon, killing at least fifteen passengers and injuring more than 40. The blast, which occurred at roughly 14:20 in the afternoon, as the bus passed the city's the Carmel Center, was apparently detonated by a suicide bomber inside the bus. The bus was left a charred wreck, and witnesses said that bodies and body parts were scattered across the road. The bus travels a winding route through the city, serving several schools and Haifa University, as well as residential areas on the Carmel ridge. Officials said that the bus would have been packed with university students at the time of the blast. Most of the dead were soldiers returning home and teenagers who use the bus to get to and from school. The bombing was timed to coincide with the hour that schools get out.
This discussion has been closed.