Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Hamas Is In Control

Replies to: Hamas Is In Control

• Cuse0507Cuse0507 Registered User Posts: 4,519 Senior Member
    the palestinians were on the land before the jews, they should not have to "accept" an offer on land that is theres, they should have all of it.

The won't accept an offer, therefore they won't get any more offers. No loss to the Israelis...
    I would rather be a moron than a Zionist.

Cool. I guess we are both morons then.

guguru,

Should the USA cease to exist and give all of its land back to the Native Americans?
  • guguruguguru Registered User Posts: 407 Member
    "Should the USA cease to exist and give all of its land back to the Native Americans?"

Well, if Israeli's can claim that they have ancestors who used to live in Israel and that gives them the right to take Palestine, then the native americans have the right to say that they should take control. Since the american government will never give the remaining native americans all of america back, it is hypocritical of the government and its citizens to support Israel. Why should the palestinians give the land back to people who inhabited it over 1 and a half millenia ago and then moved?
  • TpeckTpeck - Posts: 590 Member
    Bush said he will defend all things Jewish last night. What a ****heel.
    Since the american government will never give the remaining native americans all of america back, it is hypocritical of the government and its citizens to support Israel.

Hypocritical? Israel is like a reincarnation of the US. We forced the Native Americans off of their land and will never give it back; the UN when it created Israel forced the Palestinians off of their land and Israel will never give it back. We are one and the same, buddy.

Plus, the USA could never support the Palestinians simply because they have a serious addiction to blowing up civilians that makes it hard for anyone to support them. Notice how no one is doing anything about that wall Israel is building?
    Bush said he will defend all things Jewish last night.

Yes he did. As will every President, even if the Dems win in '08. The Democrats have a strong Jewish presence that they are afraid to **** off; hence America will continue to support Israel no matter which party wins.
  • princessbellprincessbell Registered User Posts: 2,079 Senior Member
    I was in the middle of reading about the power stuggle between the Hamas and Fatah parties, when I left my New Yorker mag in 1st period. It's probably been stolen/thrown away/chewed up by now and I'm really ****ed because I barely got halfway through it. I couldn't figure out though (because it was from an israeli point of view) which party is the "bad" one. In general, i mean, because I know different people have different opinions.
    "Hypocritical? Israel is like a reincarnation of the US. We forced the Native Americans off of their land and will never give it back; the UN when it created Israel forced the Palestinians off of their land and Israel will never give it back. We are one and the same, buddy."

well, buddy, the native americans have been massacred and more or less wiped out in a genocidal fashion. The palestinians obviouly do not like being "forced...of thier land" and they are mad that "Israel will never give it back" so they are trying to regain it. They have not been completely wiped out, and they are fighting to make sure they wont be.

"Notice how no one is doing anything about that wall Israel is building?"

What would someone do? Speak out against it? Many countries have, but actions speak greater than words, and why would any country bother to take action?
    and why would any country bother to take action?

They won't, because they don't care. The suicide bombings have hurt the Palestinians more than they have hurt the Israelis. Palestinians have no credibility with the world now; Israel has tons.
    well, buddy, the native americans have been massacred and more or less wiped out in a genocidal fashion. The palestinians obviouly do not like being "forced...of thier land" and they are mad that "Israel will never give it back" so they are trying to regain it. They have not been completely wiped out, and they are fighting to make sure they wont be.

Well, the Palestinians are fighting in the wrong way and thus are never going to get their land back as long as civilized countries remain in power. Their credibility is gone; no one cares. Government's can't support the Palestinian government with aid now because Hamas is in control and they are a terrorist group; thus there are laws prohibiting nations from giving money to terrorist groups. The Palestinian terrorists have only hurt themselves...
    "Palestinians have no credibility with the world now."

Even if they did have, who would care? Their arab brothers? They only attacked Israel at first because they didnt want the jews, and when they realized they couldnt beat israel they stopped. they refused to help the palestinians. The palestinians were more or less alone to begin with, and they were mad at the israelis not cause theyre jewish, but because they took thier land.

"Government's can't support the Palestinian government with aid now because Hamas is in control and they are a terrorist group."

That doesn't make sense, governments did not support them when they were not in control. They merely smuggled everything, and probably still will. And if a government did support them, what good would it do.

btw, where are we going with this?
    That doesn't make sense, governments did not support them when they were not in control. They merely smuggled everything, and probably still will. And if a government did support them, what good would it do.

Not true. Before Hamas was elected into power, governments including the USA gave money directly to the Palestinian government. Now, we are prohibited by law from doing so. No loss to us, however.
    btw, where are we going with this?

Absolutely nowhere...
    "Not true. Before Hamas was elected into power, governments including the USA gave money directly to the Palestinian government. Now, we are prohibited by law from doing so. No loss to us, however."

Yes, and the Fatah government was corrupt and did not do as much as it could have to help the people, which is why hamas won.

"Absolutely nowhere..."

hahaha
    Yes, and the Fatah government was corrupt and did not do as much as it could have to help the people, which is why hamas won.

Right, I'm just saying that Hamas is hardly going to be an improvement...
  • OneThousandFistsOneThousandFists Registered User, * Posts: 146 Junior Member
    It sure will. I hope they build their military quick.
    It sure will. I hope they build their military quick.

It is hard to build a military with no money or support...
  • baffledgenius89baffledgenius89 Registered User Posts: 221 Junior Member
    exactly. they've been cut off from aid, theres no way their about to build any grand army. the israeli's have always been supplied with great military equipment and pretty tough fighters. and the palestinians seem to stick to indidivduals that are willing to stabd up for their apparent cause. so war between the two would be quite an intriguing display( though i don't condone it in any way whatsoever.
  • OneThousandFistsOneThousandFists Registered User, * Posts: 146 Junior Member
    If they could get help from Pakistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey, I bet the problem would be solved much quicker.
This discussion has been closed.