Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Hamas Is In Control

Replies to: Hamas Is In Control

• ryan2288ryan2288 Registered User Posts: 2,501 Senior Member
    these types of threads are the reasons why there are so many negative stereotypes for jews. Those stereotypes are wrong but your ignorance perpetuates them. If I was a palestinian I would be ****ed too if one day the UN kicked me off of my land and gave it to foreigners.
  • OneThousandFistsOneThousandFists Registered User, * Posts: 146 Junior Member
    Sheesh, Zionists are no better than Hamas. There needs to be an end to Zionism.
  • evil_asian_dictatorevil_asian_dictator - Posts: 2,306 Senior Member
    Fatah has failed to help Palestine and the reason they were overthrown is because of the decades of political and economical instability they have brought to their people. Now, that a terrorist group is in power in Palestine, the US can now without doubt place economic sanctions on Palestien and cut off all aid to the area. Even if Hamas never caves in to the international community's demands that the group recognize Israel's right to exist and disband its militant wing, then the Palestinian people will take it upon themselves to oust Hamas from power or make it very difficult for the radical Muslim group to not agree with the obligations that the civilized world has set forth before it order to secure the existence of a free Palestinian state.
  • ryan2288ryan2288 Registered User Posts: 2,501 Senior Member
    Hamas isnt ready to lead, they were very surprised to actually win that election. My gut feeling is that their platform will be a lot more moderate.
  • IHateMath11IHateMath11 Registered User Posts: 61 New Member
    If I was a palestinian I would be ****ed too if one day the UN kicked me off of my land and gave it to foreigners.

The land partitioned by the UN to become the nation of Israel was a majority Jewish. Not a single Muslim was kicked out.
    Sheesh, Zionists are no better than Hamas.

In what way?

It's ridiculous and bigoted to even think of comparing the two. How about actually engaging in a debate instead of throwing out childish lies?
  • OneThousandFistsOneThousandFists Registered User, * Posts: 146 Junior Member
    You claimed that ALL Muslims are Anti-Zionists.

There are Arab Muslim, Euopean Muslims, Indian Muslims, Chinese Muslims, Indonesian Muslims, African Muslims, American muslims etc etc. And you claimed that all of them are anti-Zionist. At least my statement is more of a fact than yours. Are you mad at the rising conversion rate to Islam by Jews? LOL.
    The views expressed by the Hamas-sympathizers in this thread are standard examples of individuals who have no understanding of morality. The idea that the terrorist is morally comparable to the anti-terrorist is a complete logical fallacy.
  • firewalkerfirewalker - Posts: 2,409 Senior Member
    Give them a chance, and we'll see how it plays out.
    You claimed that ALL Muslims are Anti-Zionists.

No, I didn't--look back at the thread.

A vast majority of Muslims are Anti-Zionists, however.
  • guguruguguru Registered User Posts: 407 Member
    First off, I am Muslim, and I can tell you that the vast majority of Muslims are not anti-zionist. Terrorists only make up an extremely small part of the Muslim world and its ridiculous that you would make a statement like that. Second, if Hamas is a terrorist organization then so is the government of Israel. Both groups have committed hundreds of terrible acts against each other, and innocent men, women and children have died on both sides, moreso on the Palestinian side. Hamas only won because the previous party was corrupt and didnt do any thing to help the people, while Hamas built orphanages and hospitals. I'm not supporting Hamas, but saying they are a "terrorist" group is hypocritical when compared to Israel. And Israel has nothing to fear from Iran, even if they build nuclear weapons they will never use them.
  • TuftsPleaseTuftsPlease Registered User Posts: 990 Member
    Hamas only won because the previous party was corrupt and didnt do any thing to help the people, while Hamas built orphanages and hospitals. I'm not supporting Hamas, but saying they are a "terrorist" group is hypocritical when compared to Israel. And Israel has nothing to fear from Iran, even if they build nuclear weapons they will never use them.

No one saw Hamas's win coming. Even Hamas had no idea, their organization would come to win. A worst scenario had been dictated that Hamas would be given enough votes that a coalition would be formed.

guguru, you're absolutely correct that both sides are not correct in either matter. However, which side has tried more for the peace process? Isreal gave up the Gaza? over this summer, so I'd say they've given it a fair shot. It doesn't matter what Hamas makes, you can't help but argue that it is a terrorist group. They openly advocate suicide bombings against Isreal.

Isreal has nothing to fear from Iran, as of today. However, I honestly would never trust Iran's leader with nukes for whatever purpose. The only reason Isreal has not brought Iran to news as much is because the timespan still gives them relatively 4+ years until Iran posseses the capability for nuclear weapons. Palestian elections was probably more important in Isreal than Isreal's politics were.

With Sharon's political power clouded and him out for an indefinite amount of this, this appears to be a dark year for Isreal.
    Second, if Hamas is a terrorist organization then so is the government of Israel.

No.

"Terrorism" implies the targeting of innocents. Hamas targets innocents. Israel does not. If anyone is to blame for the death of Palestinians, it is groups like Hamas who stick women and children in front of them as human shields.

Hamas is a group of terrorist thugs. Israelis defend themselves against terrorism.
  • TuftsPleaseTuftsPlease Registered User Posts: 990 Member
    Terrorism implicts the usage of certain ways to create others to subjectify themselves to other opinions or to change theirs.

Isreal does do this. Everytime they roll in Palestian with a tank, a copter, and 50 thousand rounds of ammo, they're creating the same shock that they faced from a suicide bomber.

However, I argue for Isreal's side because they never perform these acts unless they have just affected by suicide bombers.
    Terrorism implicts the usage of certain ways to create others to subjectify themselves to other opinions or to change theirs.

So televised political ads are terrorism? Op-eds in the newspaper are terrorism? Passing out literature is terrorism?
This discussion has been closed.