Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Hamas Is In Control

Replies to: Hamas Is In Control

• baffledgenius89baffledgenius89 Registered User Posts: 221 Junior Member
    do any of you hear yourselves? i've heard what onethousand fists had to say. can't say i agree with it, but then again i don't know what in his life caused him to hate jews, so i can't really hold his views against him. it doesn't matter who's right or who's wrong, the fact is both palestine and israel's names are being slandered here. the middle east fights it battles eye for an eye, as were all doing here right now. i know it's meant to be a debate, but can anyone stop the name calling for a moment and try seeing both sides fairly?
  • OneThousandFistsOneThousandFists Registered User, * Posts: 146 Junior Member
    Who said I hated Jews? Stop finding different meaning in what I say.
    unfortunately so, thus why so many dictatorships or personality cults in the past have tried to censor it or control it.
    i'm sorry for my mis-interpretation. how do you feel about them then? personally i think it's rather ridiculous to group a bunch of people with one characteristic though and say their all the same.
    I said I was anti-Zionist. Doesnt me I'm anti-semitic.
    i don't believe i know the difference, can you explain?
    Anti-Zionism means that I do not support the existance of Israel. Anti-Semitic means I hate Jews, regardless of their race or religion. I am not anti-semetic.
    ah ok, that makes perfect sense. well i agree, the way israel came to be was an incredibly unjust thing. i think few can disagree with that
  • kman1456kman1456 Registered User Posts: 4,045 Senior Member
    I believe this: until Israel removes every single settlement currently in 'Palestinian' lands, the Israelis have no right to complain about terrorists. If someone else decided to invade America (say Mexico) and decided to stay against our will, I am sure there would be Americans who would bomb those settlements in order to regain control-after all it is our land, not theirs, and they have no right to be there. I would also say that the Americans would probably support such actions if this actually occurred.
    being in someone else's land, still gives them no right to kill innocents
  • TpeckTpeck - Posts: 590 Member
    Who says they are innocent?
    many of them are children of those who actually invaded the land. they themselves didn't, yet are still blamed for their parents or grandparents actions
  • jpps1jpps1 . Posts: 1,993 Senior Member
    I don't think people understand how Israel was formed.

Once again, the Palestinians never actually had control of what is today called Israel. For the last 200 years, it has been in Ottoman or British hands. The UN voted to allow the creation of the modern State of Israel, and immigration was opened up to Jews. This was a political change, simply the handover of power from the Brits to David Ben-Gurion. Nobody was ever kicked out of their homes. Nobody ever said that only Jews can live there. On the contrary, I know many non-Jews who have lived in Israel for periods of time.

Nothing was ever taken away from the Palestinians because they never controlled anything. It was not their land anymore than the United States is the "white man's" land .They were not evicted from their homes; instead, hard-working immigrants replaced them. Maybe had the Palestinians decided to cooperate with Ben-Gurion, they could have played a role in Israeli politics.

Since when is immigration considered an invasion?
    true, but you still must admit that it was rather unfair that the palestinians were burdened with that. point is, none of that should still give anyone the oppurtunity or desire to kill another
  • kman1456kman1456 Registered User Posts: 4,045 Senior Member
    The British appointed Israel and Palestine a set amount of land apieceknow there were multiple wars that tried to exterminate Israel, and Israel won and was thus able to take over large quantities of land. However, these were given up quickly. But you still kept pieces of Palestine for yourselves, and instead of handing that back, you kept it. This is not immigration-you never assimilated, just took and walled off.
This discussion has been closed.