Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Where Should You Go to College...

Replies to: Where Should You Go to College...

• CH121SCH121S Registered User Posts: 1,077 Senior Member
    You're the Massachusetts Institute of Technology!
    People have often said about you that the odds are good, but the goods are odd. You're definitely good at knowing what the odds are in any situation, even if you might have trouble expressing what they are to a crowd of people. You see the whole world in numbers and have even argued that it might be beneficial to replace peoples' names with numbers in all situations. It would seem that you are odd after all. But brilliant. You make a serious effort to never go outside.

Im smart but i actually hav a social life lol....just becuz I coulda programmed the quiz....(my fault i got a programming class?)
  • imiracle911imiracle911 Registered User Posts: 3,309 Senior Member
    You're the National Autonomous University of Mexico!
    Large and in charge, you really know how to take command of your area. You are known for great leadership in almost everything you put your mind to, and have fostered an attitude of untouchability in your stature. Though this stature makes you seem unapproachable, you end up talking with more people in a day than many do in a lifetime. With all these connections, it's easy to forget how old you feel most of the time. Now if only you could breathe clean air regularly, you'd be all set.

no way!! not gonna happen
  • sljaegersljaeger Registered User Posts: 368 Member
    Haha I got..University of Tokyo!

Not exactly on my list.
  • hairypottyhairypotty Registered User Posts: 1,215 Member
    Oops. I answered the first question wrong. Haha. I thought they asked about my last name, not the first one.

You're Duke University!
    With an affinity for unpronounceable Polish names and mischievous mayhem, you are quite focused on hardwood floors. If this all sounds like a bizarre combination of things to you, just blame it on the beer. Despite your ability to party and play, you have also garnered a reputation for intelligence that you're not sure you deserve. Still, all this makes you feel like royalty, even if you haven't been drinking. Though you like going to your chapel, you really hate other chapels.

This is weird because I'm seriously considering Duke. Awesome.
  • dwerbowydwerbowy Registered User Posts: 498 Member
    You're Harvard University!

You're stuck up beyond all possible comparison, but at the same time, most of the world agrees with your lofty opinion of yourself. You've worked tirelessly to establish your reputation, and now that seems to be most all you care about. With that reputation, you've been able to draw talent to you like a magnet, and that's helped propel you even further in life in an upward spiral. While much of you is actually beautiful, you can be really ugly when you're talking about science.

too bad they deferred me
  • purrlipurrli Registered User Posts: 2,682 Senior Member
    You're Wellesley College!
    Though it has been hard for people like you to get respect, you've been a big part of the reason that this has changed for the better over the years. You may be one of the most striking people around, though when you read, your look goes from beautiful to just plain funky. Your love of Nabokov is somewhat fitting, but could also be interpreted to be disturbing. Though some sects wouldn't allow it, you've always kind of wanted to be a minister.

Noooooooo I don't want to go to a women's college :(.
  • MotherMooMotherMoo Registered User Posts: 258 Junior Member
    You're the Massachusetts Institute of Technology!
    People have often said about you that the odds are good, but the goods are odd. You're definitely good at knowing what the odds are in any situation, even if you might have trouble expressing what they are to a crowd of people. You see the whole world in numbers and have even argued that it might be beneficial to replace peoples' names with numbers in all situations. It would seem that you are odd after all. But brilliant. You make a serious effort to never go outside.

OK - I'm oddly brilliant!
  • ay_carambaay_caramba Registered User Posts: 757 Member
    How'd I get UNC!?!?!? I GO TO DUKE

that's it, this thing is dead wrong.
  • ihateCAihateCA Registered User Posts: 1,656 Senior Member
    I agree. How the hell did I get Cooper Union?!?!?!?!
  • joevjoev - Posts: 2,924 Senior Member
    I got university of Ghana? and Yale. Those quizzes are stupid, and totally inaccurate.
  • bobisbobbobisbob Registered User Posts: 228 Junior Member
    Oh come on, joev. It's just a quiz. Light, harmless fun. Don't take it so seriously. :) Of course they're gonna be inaccurate. If a 7 question test could accurately predict where you belong for college, they would drop the current admissions process in a heartbeat and just make everyone take this....

I, however, am pretty impressed with the quiz. I went back and changed answers so that I could read about more colleges, and the info the quiz provides is hilarious and surprisingly in depth. There's alot of "inside joke" info that you won't understand unless you actually know about the school.

(For example, for SUNY, it mentioned how you've become really attached to the number 361. )
  • princessbellprincessbell Registered User Posts: 2,079 Senior Member
    1st time: Wesleyan (it basically said i was boring and same as everyone else, not true at all!)
    2nd time: University of Toronto (???) (I didn't even bother to read this)
    3rd time: can't remember :)
    4th time: Vassar (Okay, but not excellent)
    5t time: Uni of Paris Excellent, it correctly guess that I have a very split personality and can rememeber certain things very well and completely forget some other things. It also said i was fiery, so true! and smart but unreliable (people now know not to cheat off me since my grades can bounce from A's to D's in a few days, depending on how I'm feeling, lol)
  • TuftsPleaseTuftsPlease Registered User Posts: 990 Member
    joev, you had to pick him over Cleopatra didn't you? :) Same here. Damn you Kofi.
  • princessbellprincessbell Registered User Posts: 2,079 Senior Member
    Actually, my parents said that the U of Ghana is pretty darn competitive, almost like the ivy league of ghana. They're both from ghana, and even though neither of them went to uni there, they said it was still an excellent school for being so poorly funded. Imagine, in the us we have 1000+ college choices for, what, about 5 million 18 yr olds? in ghana, they have 3 or so colleges for a million or so of the same age. So you'd have to be really smart to go there. African kids (FROM AFRICA, not black or born in Africa or have african parents, but real raised in africa kids) who are not in poverty are actually pretty darn smart. my mom said everyone would be crying because they had to sell crap instead of go to school. My dad was a prince in one of the provinces, and his dad got him the best schooling and stuff in ghana, and when he came to the US, he got full scholarships to Brown AND Yale, and is now a very succesful physician. If all the students in ghana had access to free school, and there were child labor laws, and everyone one wasn't so darn poor, i'm sure that the u of ghana would be even more competitive than it is today. And since everyone in ghana is VERY grateful if they get the ability to go to college, the students are probably 200 times more dedicated than the most dedicated students here. So research your facts before you put down a college, or something else you don't know about.
  • joevjoev - Posts: 2,924 Senior Member
    I never put down the University of Ghana. I just put a question mark after it because I had never heard of it. I am sure it is a fine institution. I was just hoping for Ohio State or KSU. (like they would give Ohio schools love)
This discussion has been closed.