Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Where Should You Go to College...

124»

Replies to: Where Should You Go to College...

• EireDuckEireDuck Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Actually, I think both OSU and Kent State are in there, plus Case Western. That's 3 Ohio schools. :)
  • Helix14788Helix14788 Registered User Posts: 681 Member
    Mine says "You're Columbia University!", which is now my first choice, and a school I absolutely love. If only I could get in..........
  • ay_carambaay_caramba Registered User Posts: 757 Member
    bobisbob wrote:
    I went back and changed answers so that I could read about more colleges, and the info the quiz provides is hilarious and surprisingly in depth. There's alot of "inside joke" info that you won't understand unless you actually know about the school.

I did the same thing, and you're right, the descriptions are very well-written.
  • SonataXSonataX Registered User Posts: 392 Member
    I got Yale. Yup, that makes sense.
  • supersonicxxsupersonicxx Registered User Posts: 116 Junior Member
    1st time:
    You're Chapman University!
    While you associate your foundation with oranges and a mild climate, you have become a bit of a traveler and even an expansionist over time. Now you're all but scattered to the winds, with pockets of influence in a variety of places, especially the suburbs. Many have wondered if you're spreading yourself too thin, and you probably secretly suspect that you are. But your favorite show is still "The OC".

2nd time:
    You're Columbia University!
    Somewhat rough and tumble, you're looking for the lion's share of whatever you can get your hands on. You feel utterly surrounded by chaos and noise, but at the same time have access to a good deal of culture and influence. In this chaotic setting, you attempt to be a bastion of relative calm. You adore staircases and once expressed a desire to paint your roof green.
  • PorSKPorSK Registered User Posts: 905 Member
    First try:
    You're Harvard University!
    You're stuck up beyond all possible comparison, but at the same time, most of the world agrees with your lofty opinion of yourself. You've worked tirelessly to establish your reputation, and now that seems to be most all you care about. With that reputation, you've been able to draw talent to you like a magnet, and that's helped propel you even further in life in an upward spiral. While much of you is actually beautiful, you can be really ugly when you're talking about science.

I enrolled at Harvard. That's freaky.

Second try:
    You're the California Institute of Technology!
    You are seen by many as a constantly rising star, but with the amount of work on your plate, you're afraid of becoming a shooting star as well. Sometimes you take your bottled-up aggression out on pumpkins, or those younger than you, or even just bottle it up in rockets. Though you aren't much for the opera, Wagner can wake you up in any situation. While many people view you as a Martian, you might be responsible for putting a human on Mars some day.
  • KoukrisKoukris - Posts: 76 Junior Member
    Yay! I got Columbia University!

*le sigh* If only I can get in now...
  • sr6622sr6622 Registered User Posts: 3,123 Senior Member
    You're the State University of New York, Purchase!
    While you keep very impressive company, you're not really that impressive yourself. Over the years, however, you've touted your progress and are now very attached to the number 361. Overall, you really like to spend a lot of your time pretending. One of your favorite phrases is "so sue me!" People think you're constantly in the market to buy, even though you can't afford much.

hmmm....i haven't even heard of this school....but sheez these guys must hate me...
124»
This discussion has been closed.