Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

State of the Union and Democratic Response

derek_setterderek_setter Registered User Posts: 85 Junior Member
edited February 2006 in College Confidential Cafe
Well, the state of the union adress just ended and me thinks it be time to discuss...

I'll give my input later, but Iwas most surprised that he didn't directly adress Hamas in Iran...

What did you people think about things overall, specifically... w/e.
Post edited by derek_setter on

Replies to: State of the Union and Democratic Response

• tetrahedr0ntetrahedr0n Registered User Posts: 1,954 Senior Member
    Iwas most surprised that he didn't directly adress Hamas in Iran...

I'm not. I mean, the administration, and most out there, view this as a bad thing. Why put it in the speech?
  • derek_setterderek_setter Registered User Posts: 85 Junior Member
    Well, it was in the speech, indirectly. He talked about it, but didn't offer any plan that adressed it.

Yes, they say it is a bad thing, but what is going to be our position? I think that fits quite well into the state of the union...

I know he talked about a boost in energy resource research and usage in place of foreign oil... Do you think that his methods will procure any results? Or will it be a huge failure?
  • mekrobmekrob Registered User Posts: 865 Member
    I like how he mentioned that we are addicted to oil but didn't bring out ANWR and instead pushed for technology to bring ethanol and that idiotic dream called hydrogen.
  • baffledgenius89baffledgenius89 Registered User Posts: 221 Junior Member
    darn it, i missed it. but yes, i did hear that he has that new catch phrase about oil. i'm just interested in seeing his alternative to being dependant on foreign oils, that doesn't include drilling in any wildlife preserve. we all remember the prince valdez of 89
  • TuftsPleaseTuftsPlease Registered User Posts: 990 Member
    It's on repeat at 3:00 AM. Sadly, I am staying up to watch it :)
  • neverbornneverborn Registered User Posts: 1,877 Senior Member
    Drill ANWR please.
  • jjjamesjjjames Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    phhh oil! where my flying electric car Scholastic News promised me!?
  • mekrobmekrob Registered User Posts: 865 Member
    ANWR is a joke. Little reason to drill there.
  • poison.ivypoison.ivy Registered User Posts: 496 Member
    Did you notice the VA Governor's eyebrows? Crazy stuff
  • B_BB_B Registered User Posts: 837 Member
    There was one part about social sercurity and Hilary was laughing pretty hard and rolling her eyes like crazy.
  • SonataXSonataX Registered User Posts: 392 Member
    The VA Governor reminded me of a late-night furniture salesman... especially w/ the residence in the background.

I don't think he's gonna be particularly electable in '08. Sorry timmy kaine
  • goyounghagoyoungha Registered User Posts: 720 Member
    That's because Bush said something along the lines of him and Clinton being big Bush's favorites.
  • Gold DuckGold Duck Registered User Posts: 191 Junior Member
    poison.ivy, you are so right. Even though most of the people in the room watching leaned left, we all were all laughing at Tim Keane. Monotone, slow speaking, and a background that screamed elitism didn't help, but the eyebrow was too much.
    Hamas in Iran
    Hamas is Palestine, which he did address. He also mentioned Iran's regime.
  • derek_setterderek_setter Registered User Posts: 85 Junior Member
    HAHA sorry about that, you are right, of course, goldduck.

I get to watch this tomorrow in my govt. class with my uber conservative teacher. It'll be fun I hope.

I thought that Hillary's facial expressions were the best part of the whole thing... and the eyebrow was scary.

On another note...WHY do they ALWAYS have to end with God bless... or thank God... or GOD GOD GOD!.... it's annoying. I know it gains favor among the religious, but it makes me feel as though they rely on religion too much and not common sense...
  • ParaPara Registered User Posts: 302 Junior Member
    I'll give my input later, but Iwas most surprised that he didn't directly adress Hamas in Iran...

Haha ***... do you have awareness of ANY politics whatsoever? I'll give my input later, but Iwas most surprised that he didn't directly adress Taliban in NORWAY... haha *dies*
This discussion has been closed.