Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

I need your advice on something important.

YYaaSSeeRRYYaaSSeeRR Registered User Posts: 287 Junior Member
edited February 2013 in College Confidential Cafe
hi all
I don't really know how to start this thread and I looked for another forum which is designed especially for the issue I am going to discuss here with you guys but I prefer CC for a reason which I will say in the end of this topic.

I want to start directly :
I am Yasser from *somewhere*.
my issue is I wanna change my religion !!!
I really don't know how to express this,I was born in a Muslim Family but I am not feeling comfortable with my religion ,and the problem is I am not religious at all but I am not comfortable with it because of the people.
I am kind of secular person but the case is I always loved the western lifestyle and wanted to be 1 of them,dealing like them,go to the church on Sundays and stuff like that.
of course I can't turn into Christianity in my current country not because of the government but because of the society.
I decided to change because of the Intolerance in my society ,so I started searching for another religion and I decided that Catholic Christianity is what I want but I am afraid of something:
I am afraid of fanatic people ,they are like a nightmare for me,so I am afraid that I will find my self in a new fanatic community again.
I know that most of people in the US are not fanatic and that's why I love the US and wanna be one of them but it's just concerns. "what do you think"??
I am really having a hard time here and I want to solve this issue because it's destroying my life day after day.
yesterday I decided to go to the mosque and try it "I never went to the mosque before BTW" ,so I entered and sat down for a while and seriously I couldn't stand it so I left because I don't like religious rituals.
I usually go to the christian areas in my town and I feel Ok, but the christian community in my country is a little bit fanatic too , maybe they had to be or whatever.
my main problem is my family , I don't know how to tell them this or how to say that I am going to turn once I arrive to the US.
my family is nothing comparing to my relatives because I will be like a criminal if I do that.
I thought maybe I will have to hide that but I thought that this is not a good idea at all because I am looking for my comfort not their.
I really want to talk to some 1 about this and I didn't want to go to religions forums because I am sure I will find fanatic people who will say what they want and not discuss the entire thing with me as I hope you will do.

I hope every 1 here who wants to reply to be polite and open minded *please*.

waiting for the replies.
Post edited by YYaaSSeeRR on

Replies to: I need your advice on something important.

This discussion has been closed.