Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

I do everything by myself.

alexissssalexissss Registered User Posts: 2,177 Senior Member
edited February 2013 in College Confidential Cafe
Especially this app process. Applied to 15 schools myself, fulfilled all the financial aid requirements myself and I'm now looking for a job.

Yet I'm still called lazy.

How many responsibilities do your parents give you?
Post edited by alexissss on

Replies to: I do everything by myself.

• Cens10Cens10 Registered User Posts: 732 Member
    I did everything by myself too. Sorry, but don't expect someone to give you a medal. You want to do something, you do it.

I drive myself, pick up my brother from school every day, do chores like any other kid (clean bathroom, wash dishes, ect.), and have applied for a summer job and even other jobs all year.

I figure life is going to force you to do things by yourself. Might as well get used to it.
  • HoloceneHolocene Registered User Posts: 601 Member
    I mean, we are the ones who want to go to college. What would my parents do for me? Plagiarize the application? Choose where I will spend the next four years (so long as it meets need or I get full tuition via merit)? Uhhhh wut.
  • AeroMikeAeroMike Registered User Posts: 281 Junior Member
    If you do everything by yourself, you should worry more about yourself being antisocial.

And why should you care what others think anyways?
  • alexissssalexissss Registered User Posts: 2,177 Senior Member
    Um, I asked you all what responsibilities you have.

I didn't ask for any smart aleck remarks, mmmkay?

I also manage my household's bills.
    *^▁^*
  • Cens10Cens10 Registered User Posts: 732 Member
    Sorry if I offended you; it's just the way you presented the question made it seem like you felt you were entitled to something. Just my opinion.
    No, no. I was just stating what I'm responsible for and how my mom calls me lazy.
    My apologies. >_<
  • omzacomzac Registered User Posts: 253 Junior Member
    @Alexissss As a mom myself, I don't think its fair of your mom to call you lazy. You seem like a very hard-working person who will be well-prepared to meet life's challenges. Maybe your mom feels that calling you lazy will motivate you to work harder. I don't think that is a good way to do it, though.
    I suppose she means well. ∩__∩

Thank you, though. I personally like my responsibilities. I feel so adult, lol.
This discussion has been closed.