Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Sorry if this thread is overdone

AlvinEastAlvinEast Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I apologize beforehand if this thread has been done many times before. I don't sound intelligent at all in my post, so I apologize again :(

I am a sophomore undergraduate (Biology major) who currently has a 3.15 GPA. My freshman year wasn't the greatest I've ever had, but I managed to keep my GPA exactly at the 3.0 mark before the end of the school year. After my most recent quarter, I managed to bring up my GPA a small amount, and I appear to be heading for a 3.1-3.2 GPA this quarter. The problem I have (and it's a problem I suppose many are familiar with) is that I study so much to maintain the GPA I have, yet I can't increase my GPA to the point I can be considered competitive for graduate schools. I noticed that the majority of people on here (I think) possessed a 3.5+ GPA after graduation, and that seems like something I can only achieve in a dream. For the last three quarters, my grades continuously remained around the B/B+ range, and it has become very frustrating for me. I just want to ask all of you intelligent people: what should I do? How can I increase my GPA? Do I have any chance at getting into a master's program? Am I doomed?

Sorry again for that incoherent block of text up there >_< If you guys have any advice to give, I will be very grateful. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.