Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

I feel like a 30 year old man going into college.

soultahnsoultahn Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
edited June 2013 in College Confidential Cafe
Some context:

I ran away from home when I was 17. Since then I have moved from basement to basement, and finally onto living in my own apartment for the past year.

I am 19 now.

I attended a community college for a semester, so I'm entering this new lively college as a second semester freshman.

I look at the other freshman that are attending and all of them seem so excited for finally being on their own and starting their experience, and even though I am only one semester ahead of them, I feel like I am used to this independence from living in this apartment.

I know this may seem jumbled, but my thoughts are all over the place, and I am afraid of being too conditioned to independence to enjoy my time in college. I want to let loose but I know I would be forcing it.

I have become introverted, I have lost touch with most of my friends, and I don't want this to carry on to college.
Anyone got any advice?
Post edited by soultahn on

Replies to: I feel like a 30 year old man going into college.

• uddhavagitauddhavagita Registered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
    "Be the change you want to see in the world." Gandhi
  • hellojanhellojan Registered User Posts: 1,632 Senior Member
    There's nothing wrong with introversion. And, honestly, it seems like you've got a lot of work to do to figure yourself out - especially in the new context of a new school. That's a good and healthy thing.

Follow your instincts and don't beat yourself up for feeling a certain way. Just go with it.
This discussion has been closed.