Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Would you read a "religious" blog?

stressedoutttstressedouttt Registered User Posts: 4,111 Senior Member
edited June 2013 in College Confidential Cafe
Not really religious, but a blog sort of about a religion. I was thinking of making one to talk about some sort of misconceptions about the religion (and yes, that does mean that it has a bias towards presenting the religion in a positive light).
But, in general, people don't seem to care about a religion unless they're a) part of it, b) thinking of conversion, or c) really hate the religion, so I don't want to start up a blog that no one's going to read. Will anyone (except for haters and ****) read my blog?
Post edited by stressedouttt on

Replies to: Would you read a "religious" blog?

• stressedoutttstressedouttt Registered User Posts: 4,111 Senior Member
    damn, I phrased this question really poorly :/
  • stressedoutttstressedouttt Registered User Posts: 4,111 Senior Member
    so, I'm taking the silence to mean no... ;)
  • comfortablycurtcomfortablycurt Registered User Posts: 2,182 Senior Member
    I'm an atheist, so personally, I wouldn't. I find religion to be an interesting concept, and I enjoy studying theology...but I don't know that I'd really be interested in reading a religious blog. There are many that would though I imagine.
  • sosomenzasosomenza - Posts: 2,122 Senior Member
    Be warned that the ultra religious and the ulta anti religious will dominate the thread barking at each other. But only when the different religions aren't barking at each other. Other than that, sure why not. But expect extreme discourse.
  • MD MomMD Mom Registered User Posts: 6,728 Senior Member
    I would not.
  • TitoMoritoTitoMorito Registered User Posts: 795 Member
    I wouldn't. If I looked anything up, I'd want to read authoritative resources, rather than a blog someone somewhere wrote about their experience with the religion. Which isn't to say that the authoritative resource would be perfectly comprehensive, but I don't want to read an account that's heavily biased by unique personal experiences.
  • SikorskySikorsky Registered User Posts: 5,851 Senior Member
    I read several religious blogs, but they're about my religion, and the bloggers are clearly deep thinkers who know more than I do.
This discussion has been closed.