Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

How has CC changed you?

originalguy609originalguy609 Registered User Posts: 352 Member
edited June 2013 in College Confidential Cafe
For me it has made me really insecure about basically everything I've ever felt proud of doing ever. "Oh you won a tournament? I did that after curing AIDS"
Post edited by originalguy609 on

Replies to: How has CC changed you?

• ElainajuliaElainajulia Registered User Posts: 267 Junior Member
    CC is great, but it's also a curse.

I agree with you, everything I feel proud about seems inferior to other people's accomplishments. That state of mind has made me work harder, though.

CC has also give me a lot of great info so.. I'm not complaining! :)
  • originalguy609originalguy609 Registered User Posts: 352 Member
    Oh ya there is definitely also a lot of great and helpful people. Just don't go on the actual results thread.
  • tiaramtiaram Registered User Posts: 370 Junior Member
    Yes! This website has given me a lot of insight into the college process.
  • whisper12whisper12 Registered User Posts: 139 Junior Member
    Lots of it is really helpful to me cause I don't have anyone in my family to ask about this, but Chance threads are just depressing...
  • comfortablycurtcomfortablycurt Registered User Posts: 2,182 Senior Member
    You've gotta take a lot of stuff on this site with a grain of salt. Half of the EC's that people list on here are likely very inflated, and you've gotta realize that most students have not cured AIDS while running in a decathlon to benefit the starving children in Africa.

A lot of people on this site give off the vibe that you have wasted your time if you get into a school that's not in the top 20-30, which is simply not true. Also, I don't even look at chance threads. They're pointless, and serve next to no purpose half the time. Most of the people "chancing" other people are students that are waiting to get acceptance letters themselves. They're in no position to really tell anyone whether or not they really have a "chance" at a given school.
  • York00York00 Registered User Posts: 196 Junior Member
    This site encourages me to be a better ****. The people here are hard to beat.
  • IllHaveAnother93IllHaveAnother93 Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
    I still waiting on my like button CC. York00 I "LIKE" your comment. But yes I really would like to know if people are truly say who they are on here and not just some guy living at home with his parents trying to inflate his ego. I usually just don't really listen to people on here sometimes just for that reason. A lot of "uneducated" people meaning street smart wise.
This discussion has been closed.