Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

HELP studying for SAT for 5+ hours per day to raise score?

Lina234Lina234 Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
edited June 2013 in College Confidential Cafe
I'm going on to my senior year and i haven't taken the SAT yet. My projected PSAT score was around a 148. (I didn't study at all). Bad score I know. It's summer break and i want to study for 5+ hours a day for the SAT?

Any tips on how to get a high score? I started out with a 1500, average score, without studying at all and I want a 2000+. Please don't tell me that 5 hours is too long, I want to get a high score. Any tips that'll motivate or help me? Is it possible to raise it by a lot? Any similar inspiring stories? Thanks.
Post edited by Lina234 on

Replies to: HELP studying for SAT for 5+ hours per day to raise score?

• JoBennyJoBenny Registered User Posts: 777 Member
    Won't say a word because more than 5 hours a day of studying is too long and counterproductive to your goal of raising your score.
  • Lina234Lina234 Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
    So how long should I study to increase my score?
  • anonymouslyknownanonymouslyknown Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
    Self-studying won't help you much. Get a tutor or a study group. And 5 hours a day?? That's way too much. Grab some friends and start an SAT study group, meet for a few hours every week. Best of luck!! :)
This discussion has been closed.