Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Graduation Appreciation Gifts- Parents and Spouse?

elle436elle436 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hi everyone,

I needed some advice on graduation appreciation gifts. I am graduating with my Bachelor's degree next month.
I wanted to get my husband an appreciation gift for his support, encouragement and patience these last two years as I finished my degree. I had an associate's degree, that I received while still living at home with my parents.

My husband has done so much for me during these last couple of years including helping with projects (he sculpted one project for me as I am NOT artistic in the least!) and taking care of dinner to listening to me rehearse presentations and understanding when I did not have time to spend with him. He has been so supportive.

I really want to present him with something special- certificate of appreciation and possibly a short getaway.

I want to recognize my parents as well, but I do not know what is appropriate. They've always believed in me and raised me. I am one of four children and the first to graduate with a college degree so I know how proud they are. I am torn because I do not want them (Mom, esp.) to walk away feeling less appreciated yet, I don't want to undermine hubby's hard work and support. I would really appreciate some advice.
This discussion has been closed.