Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Free stuff in mail

mustashmustash Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
Does anyone know how i can get a college to send me free stuff in mail? i hear some colleges give out shirts and magnets and stickers and stuff. I just wanna know how to get some my own. :) Thanks to anyone and everyone that replies!

Replies to: Free stuff in mail

• intparentintparent Registered User Posts: 33,801 Senior Member
    Some colleges give out this type of stuff to students who send test scores, apply, or are accepted. Most don't, though. U of Chicago sent my kid stuff two years ago. I think a t-shirt when she sent test scores in (her scores were really high, not sure if that made a difference). Then when she got accepted, she and us (her parents) got a lot of swag (shirts, hats, scarf, pens, stickers, etc.). I recall that Kenyon sent a car decal when accepting her. Might have been more, those are just the ones I remember.

But here is the thing about all that stuff. It is just marketing material. They are just trying to embed themselves in your brain as a cool place. We put away all the U of C stuff until my kid decided -- it felt like they were trying to get us as parents to market their school to our own kid by having us wear their gear. She didn't go there (and now I wear it all the time). :)

So if you really want an item from a school, just buy it. Don't even let them turn your head with trinkets and t-shirts for what is one of the biggest decisions of your life.
  • bopperbopper Forum Champion CWRU Posts: 10,836 Forum Champion
    When you take the PSAT indicate that you would like to get mailings from colleges. Then see what comes!
  • mikenan15mikenan15 Registered User Posts: 141 Junior Member
    i got some stickers from asu without even applying
This discussion has been closed.