Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Do medical schools really not admit you if you have a C in organic chemistry?

startandstopstartandstop Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
I just spoke with my professor and he assured me I will pass, so basically hes telling me I will get a C in ochem. I am applying to transfer this nov 30 so i spoke to the uc davis advisor and she told me that if I am applying to med school a C in ochem looks really bad. I really dont want to have to take it again. But my gpa is at 3.18. I hope to not have a C in the future, so is this worth retaking?

Replies to: Do medical schools really not admit you if you have a C in organic chemistry?

• tomofbostontomofboston Registered User Posts: 2,373 Senior Member
    It is the 3.18 GPA that will keep you out of virtually every medical school in the US. You MUST get that up dramatically.
  • startandstopstartandstop Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Yes! Well I am still in community college planning to transfer next year so I have about a year and a half to finish my undergrad. Im going to make sure I improve my gpa by a landslide! So my question is do I even risk it with a C?
This discussion has been closed.