right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new look with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return on Nov. 24. Read more about this here!

What should I major in?

wutermelonwutermelon 8 replies6 threads New Member
edited April 2015 in College Confidential Cafe
I'm in my 4 semester of college and I've been doing general stuff and I still don't know what to be sadly

My strengths were :Psychology and sociology
Mediocore: English
Weakness: Math and science.

Sadly, I don't think I should major in Psychology or sociology because they are the most useless majors(But I could argue why they can be very helpful in the world ;P) because its terribly hard to find a job with those majors.

English I'm okay at. I love sharing my views in detail its just that when it comes to putting my ideas on paper, im not really good at it.

Math and science... ehh.... I feel that I CAN do it if I put in the hours of studying. But hey whats the point of studying something you don't even like? Personally, I'd pick math over science If I had to choose between math or science.

Its so hard to find a major so I'm asking for suggestions.
edited April 2015
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: What should I major in?

• EatwillBAux-KEatwillBAux-K 4777 replies349 threads Senior Member
    Well it's your choice. What classes have you taken so far?
    · Reply · Share
  • iamfunisweariamfuniswear 37 replies6 threads Junior Member
    how about business. though if you dont like math, not the accounting path. religious studies. you could become a preacher. or a buddhist teacher. or any kind of teacher--they're in demand right now. ask you radvisor. go to seminars on topics that interest you. is there a faculty member you admire? what did they major in?
    · Reply · Share
  • PengsPhilsPengsPhils Forum Champion Northeastern, Forum Champion Math/Computer Science 4237 replies34 threads Forum Champion
    edited April 2015
    In the spirit of business, how about advertising / communications? Use your psychology / sociology background to aid yourself in either of these fields, both drawing on English and no math / physical science for the most part.

Research communications jobs: not those in tv/video media but rather in organizations and companies.
    edited April 2015
    · Reply · Share
  • wutermelonwutermelon 8 replies6 threads New Member
    @iamfuniswear Hmmm business, what other paths can I take?
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity