right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Unwelcome by Staff

CKLindseyCKLindsey 0 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1 New Member
At the dining hall at the dining hall I feel very unwelcome by a woman working there. Every timeI go I feel as though she is staring at me and telling other members of the dining hall staff falsehoods about me. She did confront me once about not taking food out of he dining hall, but only once. I am a different race than she and and a minority here at the campus with less than ten percent of people attending being my race. She makes me feel very weary about my experience and I am not sure if I should report this or continue.
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Unwelcome by Staff

• ConsolationConsolation 22849 replies184 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 23,033 Senior Member
    Did you take food out of the dining hall?
    · Reply · Share
  • CheddarcheeseMNCheddarcheeseMN 3264 replies11 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3,275 Senior Member
    What would your formal complaint say? Someone is looking at you? I think you would want more information to make a more credible report.
    · Reply · Share
  • SarripSarrip 110 replies11 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 121 Junior Member
    I am sorry that you feel uncomfortable. I would say that since you admit to doing something that you should not have done that she may be watching you. If she is telling others what you did it is not a falsehood. What was your response when she approached you? Did you apologize? I would ignore her and just not do it again without speaking to staff about why you need to do this. If you have a special reason as to why you needed to take the food out of the dining hall you should speak to a staff member. She may very well be watching everyone who has been caught taking food out of the dining hall. As a minority person myself, it is easy to feel uncomfortable in an environment where you are under represented. Your discomfort may have nothing to do with your race. Perhaps you should speak to your advisor.
    · Reply · Share
  • bodanglesbodangles 8628 replies557 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 9,185 Senior Member
    Every timeI go I feel as though she is staring at me and telling other members of the dining hall staff falsehoods about me.

This is a strange conclusion to draw. What would she be saying? "That person tried to take food out of here once"? Every time she sees you?? Wouldn't her coworkers get tired of that really quickly?
    · Reply · Share
  • MaineLonghornMaineLonghorn 37496 replies2048 discussionsSuper Moderator Posts: 39,544 Super Moderator
    @CKLindsey I would recommend you go to your school's counseling center and talk to someone there. They can help you figure out what's going on and if there's anything you can do to improve the situation.

· Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity