Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Health and other issues senior year. HELP!

Standan123Standan123 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
I'm currently a senior at Stanford for business school and have worked extremely hard to get to this stage. I transferred from a community college last year and was looking forward to going to the school, but unfortunately my expectations where to high and I was unable to match it. I have not made many friends, struggled in my classes, wasn't able to get a job, was paying $26k a semester ($52k a year)and worst of all wasn't enjoying my time. The first year went by and although I had these problems I still kept my head up and was looking forward to my last year, but after the fourth week of classes I have developed health and psychological issues with azhma, lung issues, anxiety, and depression (diagnosed by psychologist). Now I'm entering the 9th week of classes have fallen behind and am having an extremely tough time getting out of bed to even cracking open a book. The only time I have been going out is to see my doctors and have missed a ton of classes this past month (including exams). Let alone the health, I have yet to pay the ridiculous amount of tuition I owe and is causing a lot of stress for me. Thankfully I have health insurance and have informed my counselor about my situation. I'm left with 1/3 options.
1. Take the semester off, get 4 Ws, get my tuition waiver and start over next semester. ( a semester behind)
2. Get an incomplete, pay my tuition now, and continue where I left off next semester. (Missed midterms and am off to a shaky start)
3. Don't get my degree and drop out completely. (Save the money, time, sress. Not enjoying my time and I'd rather work, travel, or study to get some type license such as a real estate or brokers license)
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.