Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Whether to transfer tonight.

aerospaceisdopeaerospaceisdope Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
I am currently a sophomore in my fall semester studying aerospace engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. I have recently had the thought of transferring. I do not really care for the culture here as everything seems repetitive and the scene gets old fast. I was a member of a fraternity at the university, however, much of the social scene revolves around greek life and it is extremely superficial. This doesn't really concern me anymore considering most of time from now on will be spent studying, but I wanted to give an idea of the culture here. I have always loved the city of Boston and it is ultimately where I want to settle down and fortunately for me Boston University has aerospace engineering as well as being a tier one university. It also would be able to provide numerous new experiences, something that UIUC lacks. I take academics very seriously and ultimately want to be a competitive applicant to companies such as Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Boeing, and so on. I have a 3.7 GPA as of this semester. Objectively what would be the best decision in order to graduate and earn a well paying job for a prestigious company as these organizations are were I find myself working in my adult years.

Replies to: Whether to transfer tonight.

This discussion has been closed.