Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Help For Transfer!

Strive.Strive. Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
Hey guys,
I am currently enrolled at a Community College (CC). Cypress/Fullerton College to be more specific. It's my 3rd year here, and feel as if it's time to leave. My GPA is at a low 2.4 (due to depression/family issues), with only 2 more class of the Golden Four to go. My major is Kinesiology, and have 2 of the career classes finished. I understand that there is nothing wrong with staying at a community college, but I feel as if I'm stuck here. Once I get into the Cal State I would be motivated to study harder to earn my GPA/Degree. From word of mouth I hear that it's slightly easier to get into Cal State Fullerton/Cal State Long Beach due to it being local and in-state (Correct me if I'm wrong!). However, I am willing to go to any Cal State/Private school that offers my major! I am on the verge of losing hope due to my counselor saying that it's almost impossible to get into without a GPA of 3.0+....If I could just get a feedback of what my chances are that would be great. Even school recommendations would help.
This discussion has been closed.