Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Advice on taking a semester off or going part time?

Bc1341Bc1341 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
This past semester has been very difficult for me emotionally and mentally, a series of relationship issues and mental health issues have made my grades plummet and I feel like I have lost interest in the major I used to be passionate about.
I feel like I need time away from the university but I don’t want to fall behind (basic classes would be my only concern, I wouldn’t get behind in any classes directly affiliated with my major). Has anyone taken a semester where they just take online classes through the university they’re enrolled in to keep student loans deferred? I want to live at home and be able to work to save up money and try to reevaluate my priorities and get my mental health in order before I continue with my degree because I feel like this past semester has been a waste.
If I take some basic classes my degree plan will not change and I’ll graduate the semester I’ve been planning on

Any opinions or advice are welcome.
This discussion has been closed.