Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Is today's music really that bad?

2»

Replies to: Is today's music really that bad?

• MNgurl101MNgurl101 Registered User Posts: 104 Junior Member
    As a Gen Z’er (or very late millennial??) I like a lot of Swedish pop/alternative. Tove Styrke and Lykke Li are particular favorites right now. Also like CHVRCHES, Lorde, James Bay, and Bishop Briggs. I don’t care for most American/British pop but some of it is fun to listen to once in a while. I can’t stand country for the most part, which is difficult when you live in a rural farm town :)) and I’m not partial to rap either but Run the Jewels performed as an opening act at a concert I went to and I really enjoyed them. My parents made sure I was introduced to Billy Joel, AC DC, and Aerosmith at a young age so I enjoy those too. And being the band geek that I am, I love modern movie scores, modern concert band composers, and classical composers.

Don’t ask me about my music taste ever. I’ll talk for way too long about it :))
  • Sue22Sue22 Registered User Posts: 5,801 Senior Member
    Those darned kids wagon their be-hinds to the devil's dirty-mouthed music! ;)
2»