Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Why does this happen to guys or girls, depending on the situation?

sta3535sta3535 Registered User Posts: 268 Junior Member
Doesn't it just suck when we get removed as a friend or unfollowed on social media accounts for "absolutely no reason"? (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.) Even if we just became friends a week ago or we've been friends for years, this just doesn't make any sense to me.

I understand that I've asked questions similar to this, but we may never know the reason why people do this: Is it because they lose interest? Are those people really your "real" friends? Most people just tell me to "let it go", which I do, but still, I'd never do this to anyone unless if I don't know the person at all or if something split up our friendship.

So, I quit letting this bother me because it's their loss. You had the chance to remain friends with me, but you didn't.

Replies to: Why does this happen to guys or girls, depending on the situation?

• zannahzannah Registered User Posts: 1,088 Senior Member
    Friend requests occur even when the recipient doesn't know them. Some don't friend someone for that very reason. Others stop getting access to a friend's account so are unfriended. Some online friends do not share goals and others may not express compatible ideas. They are unfriended. It could be possible that there are more friends that someone can interact with sucessfully.

Friendships outside of social media take time to grow. After on!y a week, it is unlikely that online individuals are personal friends unless the relationships began before friending on social media. Facebook takes the place of letters and phone calls. Friends on social media designates individuals on a list who are frequently contacted.

People may unfriend people who are not personal friends for any number of reasons. If a personal friend unfriend s someone, the reason could be known or asked. Let it go as your friends say.
  • thomas4881thomas4881 Registered User Posts: 165 Junior Member
    Maybe they left because they saw you weren't easily manipulated?
  • sta3535sta3535 Registered User Posts: 268 Junior Member
    @thomas4881 That's the most interesting answer that I've never thought about...
  • privatebankerprivatebanker Registered User Posts: 2,332 Senior Member
    Usually different political agendas lately.
This discussion has been closed.