right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new look with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return on Nov. 24. Read more about this here!

What's the most credits you've completed in one academic year?

ScribblebonScribblebon 4 replies2 threads New Member
Just curious who else is going hard?
I completed 44 credits 2017-18 year.

15 fall, 16 spring, 4 by examination and 9 summer.

I had actually registered for 18 in fall but had to drop one because it was online and it was public speaking which required an audience. I couldn't get an audience so took it on campus instead.

I want to go for 39 or 42 this year.
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: What's the most credits you've completed in one academic year?

• zannahzannah 1081 replies12 threads Senior Member
    Time and money are important considerations. Do you have sufficient time in your day to attend and study each class so that you master content and complete assignments on schedule? Do you have the resources to buy books, pay for lab fees, and equip yourself with a good computer, printer and supplies. There may be school related limitations such as whether you must take a back seat to others seeking enrollment in particular classes or sections. Tuition itself may not vary much by the number hours. Also think about why you want lots of hours. Do you want to graduate early or expand the number of minors? Are you wanting to learn as much as you can because you seek learning opportunities as they arise such as taking a class from a visiting professor. Loading up with hours may produce some benefits, but it is also important to think about potential problems.
    · Reply · Share
  • ScribblebonScribblebon 4 replies2 threads New Member
    I can afford it, and I'll get my next degree faster. I work and have 4 children so the time is a factor, but I have an incentive to complete credits faster. I've been collecting data on my time spent studying. So far, I study 1.94 hours per credit, per week. This also includes time spent on assignments. At 35 hours a week on average, that's plenty of time to manage everything.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity