Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Associate in Science transferring into a double major(thinking Comp Sci + Physics/Math)

EnumaElisEnumaElis Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Thoughts on what courses I should take during my AS degree? I'm thinking about knocking out the math requisites(Geo&Calc + Stats) first and then focus on comp sci, is that a good idea?

Replies to: Associate in Science transferring into a double major(thinking Comp Sci + Physics/Math)

• ucbalumnusucbalumnus Registered User Posts: 76,186 Senior Member
    Assuming you will do two years at your community college, then transfer to a university, you need to consider the following:

A. Computer science prerequisites: calculus, linear algebra, discrete math, introductory computer science course sequence.
    B. Math prerequisites: calculus, multivariable calculus, linear algebra, differential equations.
    C. Physics prerequisites: math prerequisites plus introductory calculus-based physics sequence.
    D. General education requirements for the AS degree: English, humanities, social studies, etc..
    E. General education requirements for the four year schools: English, humanities, social studies, etc..

Check the web sites of the four year schools to see what the exact prerequisites for each major are, and whether there is a transfer credit articulation listing for your community college.