right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Where is Sasha Obama going to college?

RiversiderRiversider 844 replies101 threadsRegistered User Member
Around Christmas time there was a rumour Sasha Obama wants to attend U Michigan, did they announce which one they finally picked?
It would be inspirational if they walked the talk and sent her to a state school.
edited April 6
86 replies
Post edited by MaineLonghorn on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Where is Sasha Obama going to college?

• boudersbouders 2465 replies172 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    IIRC, they didn't announce where Malia was going until after May 1. I would expect they'll do the same with Sasha.
    · Reply · Share
  • KnowsstuffKnowsstuff 4226 replies17 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I thought there was a college named after Obama when I saw the thread. There is nothing in the news about where she is going. We shall all know soon. Wonder if the scandal might change her direction. As long as there's not security detail following her around every class Michigan would be great for her, I guess.
    · Reply · Share
  • intparentintparent 36291 replies644 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited April 6
    I can’t see how the scandal would affect it. (I doubt she was headed to USC, which in my mind is the school that came off looking the worst). And it isn’t like they need to pay to get schools to give her a good look.
    edited April 6
    · Reply · Share
  • AlmostThere2018AlmostThere2018 1338 replies49 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited April 6
    I heard through the IRL grapevine she toured UNC in March . . . so there does seem to be a theme here re: public flagships...
    edited April 6
    · Reply · Share
  • GnocchiBGnocchiB 2078 replies230 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I have been wondering this same thing!
    · Reply · Share
  • RiversiderRiversider 844 replies101 threadsRegistered User Member
    edited April 6
    edited April 6
    I seriously doubt there is any connection but how come you are so sure? They obviously don’t need any hook, every college would feel honoured to enroll president’s daughter.
    edited April 6
    · Reply · Share
    edited April 6
    Why? For not knowing? Do you have an agenda to know for sure?
    edited April 6
    · Reply · Share
  • Trixy34Trixy34 1181 replies6 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited April 6
    I certainly hope it's not Swarthmore! Though I'm sure her father would take it gracefully if that was the case.
    edited April 6
    · Reply · Share
  • austinmshauriaustinmshauri 8930 replies334 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @riversider: It would be inspirational if they walked the talk and sent her to a state school.

Suppose she doesn't want to go to a state school? She should get to pick from her affordable acceptances just like every other kid.
    · Reply · Share
  • intparentintparent 36291 replies644 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Why would there be any issue with Swat? Maybe I missed something... Although I honestly don’t see it as fitting her personality.
    · Reply · Share
  • Trixy34Trixy34 1181 replies6 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @intparent - It was a joke - because President Obama applied to Swarthmore but was rejected.
    · Reply · Share
    Lets see if someone who can afford acceptances and expenses for any school in the world is going to end up in a state school. My bet is on Ivies or LACs but as one of George Bush’s twin attended Yale and other UT so it can be done.
    · Reply · Share
  • austinmshauriaustinmshauri 8930 replies334 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Lets see if someone who can afford acceptances and expenses for any school in the world is going to end up in a state school.

Why do you care where she goes?
    · Reply · Share
  • prodesseprodesse 1334 replies71 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    One of George HW Bush's sons, Marvin, attended University of Virginia.
    · Reply · Share