right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

AP Language Exam Tips

zanjum17zanjum17 0 replies1 threads New Member
Hello,

My name is Zainab. I am a junior and I’m going to take the Lang exam in 3 days. I want to know how I can prepare.

My actual teacher was on maternity leave at the beginning of the year. She was supposed to come back in November but she resigned. I ended up being taught by a long-term sub who has no experience with AP curriculum whatsoever. She was a middle school teacher. She’s really nice and helpful. However, I am concerned about her grading. I feel like she grades too easy. On the essays, I’ve received no score lower than a 6. One time, I ran out of time to finish my qualifying paragraph in an argument essay but she still gave me a 6. I thought I would get a 3 or 4.

My other concern is time management. I run out of time on the multiple choice and the essay section. It’s so frustrating because English is not even my best subject. I really want to pass the AP exam so that I don’t have to take English in college.

Please give me some tips for the exam. I don’t have a prep book for the exam but I do have rhetorical devices lists and notes from class on how to write all three essays.
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: AP Language Exam Tips

This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity