right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Raising my GPA quarter system ?

Juj1257Juj1257 0 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hi! I am in finals right now and am realizing that because of a specificity on the syllabus that I missed, the highest grade I can get in this class is a D, meaning I have to retake it for my major. This is going to hurt my GPA, and I calculated that I am going to have a 2.9 after this quarter.

I am finishing my last (3rd) quarter of my second year and was wondering if it is possible to get a 3.5 gpa by the end of my 4th year? I would super appreciate any help people could give regarding this! I tried looking for a gpa calculator but they are all for semester schools
edited June 12
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Raising my GPA quarter system ?

• ucbalumnusucbalumnus 76129 replies663 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 76,792 Senior Member
    edited June 12
    Calculating your GPA and potential future GPA based on future grades you may earn should be a simple math problem using your college's grade values, the number of credits for each course attempted, and what your college's grade replacement policy (if any) is. These are all details specific to your college and courses you took.

On a quarter system, you just have three terms worth of courses per academic year instead of two. This does not affect how your calculate your GPA unless you have a mix of courses taken under quarter system and semester system (typically, 1 credit on the semester system = 1.5 credits on the quarter system, so credit values used to weight grades need to adjusted accordingly).

Note that if you want to go to professional school (e.g. law school), that may have its own GPA calculation method (e.g. with different grade values and grade replacement policy) compared to your college.
    edited June 12
    · Reply · Share