right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

Importance of Going to College

sewejeffreysewejeffrey 11 replies9 threads Junior Member
edited June 2019 in College Confidential Cafe
Do you think that every high school student in America/Africa/Asia should aspire to a
college degree? Why or why not? Why is it important to go to college?
edited June 2019
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Importance of Going to College

• usctransfer10256usctransfer10256 23 replies3 threads Junior Member
    I think each student should aspire to a college degree because it opens up more opportunities. That's why it is important to go to college.
    · Reply · Share
  • allyphoeallyphoe 2564 replies62 threads Senior Member
    No. I really dislike that college has become a defacto requirement for middle-class white (and pink) collar jobs.
    · Reply · Share
  • cptofthehousecptofthehouse 30787 replies59 threads Senior Member
    I think it is an ideal, because more knowledge and education is more beneficial than it is not, IMO. I don’t think it should be required.
    · Reply · Share
  • momofsenior1momofsenior1 11137 replies142 threads Senior Member
    No. I think there are plenty of jobs where people can earn a good living that don't require a college degree. We really need more trade/craftsmen programs in the US.
    · Reply · Share
  • EmpireappleEmpireapple 2255 replies28 threads Senior Member
    Education has value in and of itself. Is it necessary to earn a good living? No. Does it provide another way to grow as an individual? Yes. But so does travel, meeting new people, reading, and living in different places. IMHO, if one has the opportunity to earn a college degree they should as part of their overall personal growth.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity