right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

Academic Dismissal and Restarting College

TrailBlazer99TrailBlazer99 0 replies1 threads New Member
Hi. I was dismissed from my rigorous university due to mental health issues that I'm taking care of. The university's counselors said that in order to be readmitted, I must take one semester of full unit classes at a CC then apply for a readmission program in which I have to take 3 classes and pass with a B or above. Is it possible that I can just finish my GE's at a CC then transfer to another college? I need help here. My parents are upset that I'm even thinking about this because my college is very well-known.
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Academic Dismissal and Restarting College

• CheddarcheeseMNCheddarcheeseMN 3800 replies14 threads Senior Member
    Yes, you can go elsewhere. The recommendation is to start with the CC first, because these schools have open admission and accept students who are not in good standing.
    · Reply · Share
  • MoonKnightMoonKnight 377 replies9 threads Member
    It is possible to take classes at a CC and just transfer to another college. Just make sure to check the articulation agreements so that the classes you take at a CC meet the GE requirements for the school you are interested in transferring in.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity